The Signs as Bollywood Movies

The Signs as Bollywood Movies

1083
The Signs as Bollywood Movies
in.com

If you love Bollywood movies as much as I do, you’ve come to the right place. Maybe you feel like there’s one that you can really relate to and describes you so much better than all the rest. In any case, there probably is and it might have a little something to do with the date you were born. Your zodiac sign often says a lot about who you are as a person and can even be a fun way to personify you using random things you enjoy, like a genre of film for instance, depending on how similar your character traits are and how much you have in common. So, what would you be if you were a Bollywood movie?

1. Aries (Mar 21-Apr 19)

Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)

You’ll make us laugh, and you’ll make us cry, just like this classic. SRK’s legendary acting in KHNH surely had us shedding tears of joy as well of those of sadness, which is what one can pretty much expect out of any relationship with an Aries. Even though you have your days where you’re moody and you can be aggressive and at times even acerbic, we love you anyways. It won’t always be easy – in fact, it will be the epitome of an emotional rollercoaster – but you can always expect a fierce, courageous, and hilarious companion who puts up one hell of a fight like Aman did.

2. Taurus (Apr 20-May 20)

Koi… Mil Gaya (2003)

Known for your patient demeanor yet innate stubbornness, we are reminded a lot of Rohit, who finds himself in the face of adversity but never allows his disability to stand in the way of finding the love he deserves. Sometimes possessive as a lover, but passionate yet seemingly innocent nonetheless, you are very sure and secure in yourself and you always stand your ground. His bond with Jadoo was unforgettable as they were inseparable, not much different from a bond with you. A friendship with a Taurus is like a friendship straight out of this movie: pure, wholesome, and brave.

3. Gemini (May 21-Jun 20)

Hum Tum (2004)

You Geminis are notorious for your unpredictability and two-facedness, much like the strange inconsistencies and erraticism we see in the tension between Karan and Rhea. Their disposition towards one another, teeming with duality, as complete polar opposites that were simultaneously so alike was the reason for their perpetual butting heads and resentment for each other. But beyond your deceptive yet beguiling charm which constantly gets you hit with the “oh no, you’re a Gemini?!” line – I’m sure – you are hopeless romantics, quick learners, curious individuals, and surprisingly far more thoughtful and profound than meets the eye. Karan seemed like an asshole the first time around, as well, but he turned out to be immensely gifted in his artistic abilities and an all-around sensitive sweetheart in tune with his emotional side; he just needed to learn how to embrace it and dismiss all his indecisions. You’re a wild child who makes for great company once you have a sense of balance and know what’s right for you, too.

4. Cancer (June 21-July 22)

Dil To Pagal Hai (1997)

As one of the sweetest and most critically acclaimed Indian love stories of the ‘90s, much of its success can be attributed to the sheer selflessness of Nisha, whose undying yet sadly unrequited love for Rahul does not prevent her from giving his affections for Pooja her blessing. Fervent about performing and extremely caring when it comes to her friends and family, the liveliness and compassion she emitted was unmatched, much like yours. You think only of others and love hard. Despite being made relatively insecure and vulnerable from past trials, they have only allowed you to be more open and able to empathize with others and thus a loyal friend.

5. Leo (July 23-Aug 22)

Taal (1999)

Even though Vikrant was initially a tad condescending and did not really seem to care much for the needs of everyone else or how they might benefit, he eventually softened up to reveal his true creative genius and his true feelings for Mansi. With that, we saw just how talented he was and just how much he cared for her by letting her go to be with the love of her life. You are one of the most charismatic people we will ever meet and because of that, you could have us wrapped around your very finger if you wanted to, so much so we would do anything to please you because your approval or any form of validation coming from you would mean the world to us – just don’t let it get to your head. Lions are “humble” creatures, after all.

6. Virgo (Aug 23-Sep 22)

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham... (2001)

Like the overprotective and high-maintenance yet diligent, practical, and conscientious parents of Rahul and Rohan in K3G, you always want what’s best for others and yourself and won’t let anything stop you. As someone who is intuitive and voluntarily independent, you hate asking for help and tend to carry with you the “if you want something done right, do it yourself” mentality, which causes you to be highly critical and prone to worry. Luckily that means you’re also attentive to detail and therefore a natural at organizing things, analyzing situations, and solving problems, which is why Virgos are often exceptional communicators and career people. Your big heart and great, vibrant mind makes you easy to get along with and amiable, while always seeing the good in others. You’re very misunderstood, but you never cease to be understanding and that’s one of the many reasons you’re a great friend and lover.

7. Libra (Sep 23-Oct 22)

Veer-Zaara (2004)

In one of the hottest and most well-known romances of the century, Indian boy Veer Pratap Singh and Pakistani girl Zaara Haayat Khan knew they were star-crossed lovers from the moment they laid eyes on each other. But as time went by, their story grew even more and more complicated. That’s kind of what getting to know a Libra is like: lightweight, sweet, and laid-back at first… but then eventually somewhat dark and convoluted, but so, so worth it. You are genuine keepers of the peace, always steering clear of drama, conflict, and confrontation, and favoring graceful and gentle behavior as well as a serene and harmonious place to get away – like a love that’s as calm as Veer-Zaara’s. Your life motto is “less is more.” You want simplicity in your life and appreciate the little things, from the intricacies of nature and the great outdoors that you find so incredibly relaxing and aesthetically pleasing – like the stunning, grassy, rustic landscapes of this film – to the cute gestures people do for you that maybe no one else seems to notice. Your trustworthiness renders you excellent at keeping secrets and you seldom want to start any problems. Because you usually do as you’re told and want to please others, you come off as dutiful and obedient, like your “traditional” Pakistani or Indian girl, but in the best way possible. You find beauty in everything and you never complain, so it’s only fitting that you radiate positivity and light. At times you need your alone time, and other times you hate being alone. But we adore you no matter what it is you’re in the mood for.

8. Scorpio (Oct 23-Nov 21)

Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006)

The zesty, scandalous KANK became controversial for its shock factor in a divulgence vis-à-vis infidelity, which at the time had been “unheard of” in the South Asian culture. Later having become an exposé for the secrets, lies, and deceit of a torrid affair between two ostensibly conservative Indian young adults, their relationship consists of everything which Maya’s and Dev’s counterparts – Rhea and Rishi – despise, much like the Scorpio does. But its foundation also relies on something deeper: emotional sustenance, as well as trust, which is ironic being as that is something they lost from their significant others, and rightfully so. It epitomizes many of the things Scorpio emanates: at times jealousy, secrecy, and vengeance, but also a fervid alliance full of assertiveness, mystery, and enigma.

9. Sagittarius (Nov 22-Dec 21)

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)

What better to encapsulate the madness, adventure, and humor that is Sagittarius than the timeless DDLJ itself? As one of the highest grossing Bollywood movies of all-time, many Indian directors and filmmakers have tried to create content much like it but few have come close to pulling it off because of just how fantastic it really is (like the train scene, can you spell iconic?) The ‘95 flick showcased the undeniable chemistry between SRK and Kajol, deeming them Bollywood’s power couple as their characters – Raj and Simran – travel together throughout Europe and fall madly in love. It is a story that delivers, and explores the themes of change, freedom, experience, culture, and acceptance, much like the Scorpio does.

10. Capricorn (Dec 22-Jan 19)

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)

Everyone’s Bollywood childhood favorite, KKHH,offers a tale of a family and forgiveness. Your loved ones try to look past your ego that clouds your huge personality sometimes, much like Rahul’s did for him when he let his interfere with his friendship with Anjali once Tina came in the picture and triggered a love triangle to manifest. But when they do, they see a strong and responsible soul much like he takes responsibility for his mistakes and as a father. As an Earth sign, you are naturally grounded and those who appreciate you truly appreciate that.

11. Aquarius (Jan 20-Feb 18)

Devdas (2002)

Played by the brilliant SRK who later earned various accolades for his portrayal of a volatile alcoholic, Devdas embarks on a dangerous and frivolous journey when he is heartbroken by the revelation that he can never be with his darling Paro. He indulges in a life of liberation and fun, much like the Aquarius longs for, wishing to be freed from constraint and to belong in a community among like-minded originals. Having always been a bit of a “weirdo” or something of an outcast, your eccentric and unconventional persona sets you apart from others but it gives you a unique look rather than a standoffish one. Insightful and intellectual at heart, though goofy at first glance, you like to play with power and often need sudden bursts of motivation due to your somewhat bashful nature, but ultimately you are one who inspires those around you and proves that anything can be accomplished so long as you put your mind to it.

12. Pisces (Feb 19-Mar 20)

Om Shanti Om (2007)

The saga of Om and Shanti is one that is colorful and noble. Their tragic yet beatific narrative circles around an artistic vision and a scathing betrayal, but a love so powerful it fends off the enemy, quite a bit like the Pisces’ love and faithfulness toward others. You may trust too easily and love too much, but someone someday will be very lucky to receive all the love you have to give. Your lack of prejudice and inclination to have mercy on others no matter how badly they’ve wronged you are what keep us coming back for more of your kindness and tolerance.

Hopefully you were matched with the Bollywood movie that’s always been your fave! Hm, I’m kind of in the mood to binge-watch a marathon of every single one of these in a row now…