To The Sheltered Child

To The Sheltered Child

You have lived inside a shell where every move and decision was made for you. Now you are in control of everything that happens.

17
To The Sheltered Child
George Maps

Growing up you have been sheltered all your life. People have hidden things from you, and prevented you from seeing the real world. This worked out fine until now. Now it's time to wake up and go out into the world when you have no idea how to handle it properly. You are scared. You do not know what to expect, or who to expect. You have lived inside a shell where every move and decision was made for you. Now you are in control of everything that happens. You make the rules, and you deal with the mistakes that you made. It may seem scary at first, but it's growth. You're growing as a person, an independent person. You will experience the world how you want, and see fit. It's going to be scary at first, everything new was scary, but it's going to be worth it. You will finally have this freedom that you've been wanting your entire life. It's going to feel exciting and dangerous, but at the same time you feel stable and relaxed because you have control of it. You have control of your life. Every decision, every moment, is up to you.

In times of stress these are the things you need to do.

Stay grounded: Always know that even though you are on your own now, you are not alone. There's always going to be a person and you can lean your head on for support.

Stay kind: Just because this is a cruel world doesn't mean you have to be stoop to that level. Be a positive change in the world, not only for yourself but for other people.

Stay true to yourself: You are going to deal with the criticism of other people, and especially the media. Don't change. You're original and different for a reason.

Stay happy: Don't let other people get you down. They are trying to change you for a reason.

Live life to the fullest.

It's too short to not buy that concert ticket, or pass a on exciting adventures.