The Secret Life Of An American Science Major

Yes, it really is this hard.

7

When Fall comes rolling in and you just want to enjoy your pumpkin spice latte, flannel shopping, and apple picking, something else comes too: exams. The end of September brings with it a certain morning chill and a new color scheme, and excitement is only natural because most of us know that this perfect weather will only last about a week and a half before we have to break out our winter jackets. However, the beginning of Autumn also means that all hell is about to break loose, exams, midterms, research papers, and for a science/pre-health major this is only the beginning.

As a Science/Pre-health major, you will absolutely never get enough sleep.

And no amount of caffeine is ever enough.

Showering is no longer a necessity but rather a privilege.

You begin to accept the failure is inevitable and understand that no matter how hard you study you probably still won’t do well (for your own standards of course.)

Your non-science major friends will try to understand how you feel, but you know that they never will.

And you sit in class feeling like you’re actually listening to another language.

When you have so many things due that you eventually lose track of everything.

But you have to reassure yourself that you ARE smart and you are somewhat capable of doing this.

And no matter how much of a love-hate relationship it is, you know that you wouldn’t actually have it any other way.

Because no matter what, most of us are in it for one thing.