The Role of the Tutor in the Health Technological Study Consolation of the South.

The universalization of education is of great importance today because Cuban education is immersed in a new educational revolution.

53

From the second stage or formative period of the New Pedagogical Model, tutelary teaching becomes relevant, as the type of teaching that involves direct teacher-student contact, permanently and systematically developing essentially a teaching function with the assigned students throughout the period of their training. Hence, in this idea the tutor plays an essential role in the process of training and transformation of students, being aware of the problems that may arise both in curricular and extracurricular activities.

The pedagogical tutor is the one who helps students in the process of assimilation of knowledge, selection of complementary materials, the direction towards the learning objective and development of skills for self-study and self-training, also forms values, attends in the students their needs not only teachers but psychological and affective and participates with him in solving his problems, that is, the tutor participates in the comprehensive professional training of the student, understood as professional fulfillment and personal-social development.

The work of the tutor is of vital importance in the training of human resources in health, as our municipality is a pioneer in the universalization of education, it is that we pose the following problem: Is the educational work of the tutor in Southern Consolation developed correctly?

Being our object of study to strengthen the integral formation (study - work) in our students.

Our field of action is made up of students of the different profiles of the Bachelor's Degree in Health Technology at the University Headquarters of Medical Sciences in Southern Consolation.

We are motivated to carry out this work to know how tutelary teaching is developed in our municipality, so we set the following work objective: Assess the development of the tutor's work in the different scenarios of the Health Technology career.

DEVELOPING

The pedagogical tutors are the direct guides of the training process and organize the personalized training of the student, so they must have the following characteristics:

Balanced person.

Have facilities for communication.

I have mastered at least one science or specialty in order to complete the training program in its practical application and theoretical preparation.

Possess methodological preparation to facilitate student learning.

Motivated to work in conditions other than the transmission of knowledge and as a facilitator.

Must have qualities inherent to the values of the profession.

Work experience, endorsed by practical results accumulated in healthcare and/or teaching work.

To fulfill his functions, the tutor must have mastery of:

Characteristics of the curricular design according to the profile.

Characterization of students and family.

Faculty of the profile.

Lecturer in the group to which the students he supervises belong.

Teaching and student regulations.

For the successful performance of its functions, it must also:

Maintain direct and systematic contact with their ward to learn about their achievements and difficulties.

Guide and ensure that in the institutions where they work they are not left alone in the performance of their functions in the services, also avoiding that they are assigned work shifts that imply disconnecting those from their job on a daily basis.

Receive periodic information on their status from the institution and workplace where the student works.

Receive methodological guidelines that allow them to develop their teaching and educational work.

To be summoned to the different work meetings where the situation of their ward is analyzed.

Maintain close working relationships with the directors of the Faculty, teacher guide of the group, and student and union organizations.

Maintain close working relationships with teaching collaborators who serve students in practical areas.

Guide students on how to behave in health institutions, ensuring compliance with disciplinary regulations.

Identify learning and educational needs in students, helping to eradicate the deficiencies detected.

Guide them in relation to bibliographic searches and development of research projects, encouraging their scientific and professional development.

Influence the vocational reaffirmation of the students as well as their political-ideological formation according to the principles of our revolution.

Be an example, guide, and companion of students.

The curriculum design contains three training moments or cycles:

1st. The full-time student regularly remains in the classrooms and care areas under the direct attention of the teachers, which qualifies him as a Basic Technician.

2nd. the student acquires the status of a working student since in parallel he develops actions as a worker and continues his studies through weekly meetings until he completes his technical training, graduating as a Middle Technician.

3rd. With these same characteristics of courses by encounters, he culminates his academic training obtaining the professional level once he accredits his level of competence, which allows him to acquire the title of Bachelor of Health Technology in the corresponding profile.

In the 2003-2004 school years, the process of universalization of education began in our province and in the Southern Consolation municipality.