On The Road To Safety

On The Road To Safety

Will they finally make it or will they be captured once again?
1776

Mr. Brooks Point of View:

I jolt awake with a searing pain in my leg and hold back a scream as to not wake Rebecca. I look to my left to see her angelic face and notice she is still sleeping. I don't want to wake her but I need to check my wound, so I quietly get out of bed. I gently remove the old bandage from my leg and notice it's not healing but getting worse. It looks infected with yellow puss leaking from my leg. I need to change the bandage so I rip the bottom of my shirt and tie it tightly around my leg. I really need to go to the hospital in order to stop the infection from spreading. I need to wake Rebecca so I go to her side of the bed, lean down, and kiss her passionately on the lips. She slowly wakes up and gazes at me while smiling, "Is that your version of a wake up call?"

"Only for you."

"You can kiss my again if you'd like."

"As you wish." I lean down once again, and our lips connect with such intensity and neither of us pulled away, the kiss only deepened. Until I realized the real reason I woke her, I then pulled away and said, "I could kiss you forever, but we really have to go because my leg is getting worse."

"Yea, and we also need to keep ahead of Justin and his gang." We both get dressed and head out to find the nearest hospital.

Rebecca's Point of View:

I hold up Mr. Brooks as we make our way through the woods and come to a clearing. There's a brook blocking our path, so we have to walk through it. "Be careful, there are many rocks and we don't need you to hurt yourself even more." We track across the brook and, I loose his grip and he falls in the water. He tries to get up but falls once again. "I think I sprained my ankle." I help him to his feet but his pant leg got caught on a sharp rock and ripped a small piece of his jeans off. We carefully walk through the brook to the other side. After what feels like hours we finally reach what looks like a small town and try to find the nearest hospital. We finally reach one and enter through the emergency doors. A nurse quickly assists us and asks, "What happened to him?"

"It's a long story, but he has a bullet wound in his leg that's infected and needs to be attended to as soon as possible." The nurse quickly grabs a wheelchair and takes him back to the emergency ward. I pace in the waiting room to hear the news from the doctor. An hour later the doctor comes out and says, "Mr. Brooks is going to be fine. We surgically removed the bullet from his leg and were able to clean the infection before it was able to spread. You may see him if you'd like."

Justin's Point of View:

After getting all of my members gathered together we head out to find our hostages. One of my members point towards a clearing and find a cabin. I walk though the door to find the smell of freshly burned wood and an unmade bed. "They couldn't have gone far! Split up and look for any tracks or signs of them!" I take a small team with me and spot two sets of footprints which we follow to a clearing. I find a piece of clothing floating in the water and pick it up. "This has to belong to one of them, we're getting closer to finally finding them." I just hope we find them before the boss finds out we lost them.