The Real Reason College Is So Hard

The Real Reason College Is So Hard

It's no question that college is hard, but why is it so hard?

8
The Real Reason College Is So Hard
Hercampus

For most people high school is a breeze. It almost seems like some kind of joke. It is ridiculously easy and doesn't prepare you for the real world at all. College though, is a completely different story. College is hard, but why is it so hard?

Unlike in high school, in college all of the sudden you have a million responsibilities thrown at you. Not only do you have to worry about getting to class on time and doing homework, but now all of the sudden you have to balance a job, studying, grocery shopping, eating, spending time with friends and, if you have a car, paying for gas. It can be extremely overwhelming and difficult to find time to fit all of these things into your crazy schedule. Finding a healthy balance takes time and self-discipline.

Your parents aren't there to do things for you or to make sure you get up and go to class. All of the sudden everything is on you. Managing your time, money, and schedule can be an incredibly daunting task. Being away from home can be difficult as well, adding homesickness to your already overloaded list of things to deal with.

All of the sudden life and adulthood are being thrown at you all at once, that is the real reason why college is so hard. However, on the plus side, you will grow and learn so much about yourself during these years. It is a time to discover who you are, what you like, and how you handle stress. Just like anything worthwhile, college is hard but it is also extremely rewarding.