The Quiet Introvert

The Quiet Introvert

Daily life struggles of a quiet introvert like me.

13
The Quiet Introvert
ryersonstudentaffairs

Let me get one thing straight… Introverts are people who prefer to be indoors, in the comfort of their own privacy. Nowhere in that sentence did I say that introverts are shy. Because truth be told, that is not exactly true. I’ve met so many introverts that love to talk and talk, and have no problem making new friends if they happen to be social butterflies. They might just simply like to spend more time inside by themselves. On the other hand, if you’re like me, not only do you like to spend time inside, but because of how big of introverts we happen to be, it has shaped our personalities to be more of quiet, reserved persons.

So here’s the deal with timid introverts out there:

• You obviously favor staying indoors. Being indoors means not having to get all dressed up and not having to make an effort. It means being able to stay in a large T-shirt, sweatpants, eat all day, and watch as much TV as you want (unless your mom tells you to get your ass up and start being productive). But seriously, it’s the dream.

• It may seem like you’re antisocial and hate the whole world, but you know you just can’t help but feel most comfortable in the safety of your own room. Also, you’re just socially awkward and can’t talk to anyone for more than five minutes because you run out of things to say…

• You are usually the first one to want to leave any social event. Even if you are having a great time… it really sucks and it makes you look like a Debbie Downer.
  • There will always be people who ask you why you are so quiet. Internally, you sigh. Externally, you explain that it takes time for you to open up.

• In all honesty, sometimes you really do want to make an effort to go out more and take step by step out of that comfort zone...
    But when you do start to make an effort, you remember how much you love your room more than socializing.

In the end, we just ask that everyone else, please don't be offended if we ever decide to stay in another night... It's nothing against you personally--we just always happen to enjoy our own privacy better.

Sincerely,

The Quiet Introverts