The Process Of Applying To PT School (in GIFs)

It's quite the process.
80

Every person who has applied to physical therapy traditionally has used the wonderful PTCAS. This is quite the process and quite the pain. I know that I had many, MANY panic attacks, moments of fear, etc. So why not try to capture that process in GIFs. SO here you go! And if you have not yet applied, this is what you have to look forward to!

1. Waiting for PTCAS to open like...

2. Getting on PTCAS the day it opens

3. Realizing everything you have to enter into the application

Grades, extracurriculars, awards, personal statement, etc.

4. Getting GRE scores sent to EVERY school

And we all know you didn't apply to 3.

5. Getting your transcripts sent to PTCAS

But don't forget you will have to resend after fall semester and from every university you attended.

6. Entering all your coursework MANUALLY

So we sent you our transcripts, why?

7. Writing your personal statement

8. Writing additional essays for different schools

9. Asking professors, mentors, and physical therapists for letters of recommendation

But each school requires a different number and different people to write them.

10. Not pressing "E-Submit" because you are not sure you did anything correctly...

11. Realizing you have to have everything together 6 weeks before the ACTUAL deadline

...for processing

12. Worrying your letter writers won't get their's in on time...

13. When you realize this "Centralized Application" is not centralized AT ALL...

14. FINALLY pressing "E-Submit"

15. Celebrating way too prematurely because you ONLY applied

16. Crying because of all the fees

I didn't think I was supposed to build up debt BEFORE going to grad school.

17. Waiting for responses from schools even though the application doesn't close for another 6 weeks...

In all seriousness, it was worth it!