The Problem With Plans : A Devotion

The Problem With Plans : A Devotion

Through events in my life recently, as well as over the past year, I’ve recognized that I can dream anything I want but God will do what is best in the long run.

24
The Problem With Plans : A Devotion
Personal

Plans. We all have them, we all make them. Big ones, small ones, plans for the future, plans for right now. We have these preconceived ideas of how we think our lives should go, and the timeline in which events should happen.

But…this isn’t always what happens. We can make any plans we want to, but like God says in Proverbs 19:21, His plans will prevail despite what ideas we have.

These plans that God has for us have our best interest. They’ll be far greater than what we can imagine for ourselves, so long as we are trusting him and listening to him. We were put on this Earth to be witnesses to him and to show who he is through our life, and he’s given/going to give us the tools to do so with the curve balls and events that happen.

This has been an ongoing process for me, I am the type of person who wants to have everything planned in advance and I want to know details to everything. Through events in my life recently, as well as over the past year, I’ve recognized that I can dream anything I want but God will do what is best in the long run.

The big picture: He knows what he’s doing. One of my favorite quotes is; “God is going to wreck your plans, when He sees your plans are going to wreck you." This is far more true than I have ever imagined. God ruins what we have set out for ourselves, and shows us that he has something better in mind for those who trust him and have faith in him.

Also, remember that when one door closes, another opens! If a boy hurts you, or you lose a job, or whatever happens, it’s going to eventually result in a new, and usually better opportunity if we choose to take it.

If you pray to God for something, anything, know that you may not directly get the answer you wished for. God may be using that experience to show you what you deserve, or what is better suited for you. If you don’t receive the answer you thought you deserved, remember the simple phrase:“If not, he is still good.”. If he doesn’t give you what you think you need, he is still good. If he gives you everything you asked, he’s still good. If he gives you something you didn’t know you needed, he is still good.

My inspiration for this post came from one of my favorite worship songs at the moment, as well as these verses:

Trust in you – Lauren Daigle

~ Jeremiah 29:11

~ Proverbs 19:21