"The Princess Saves Herself In This One"

"the story of a princess turned damsel turned queen"

1076
angelerin blogspot

After weeks of seeing photos of poems on twitter accounts and facebook threads, I finally found myself a copy of Amanda Lovelace's book "the princess saves herself in this one," which is a collection of poems. Amanda's poems are "the story of a princess turned damsel turned queen," and they are some of the most incredible words I've ever read. I was brought to tears on more than one occasion. After reading it cover to cover in one sitting, I found myself filled with a sense of completion and pure happiness. To anyone who loves reflection, empowerment, and rediscovering what is important in life, you need to pick up a copy of this book. The new edition of the poems is on sale on February 14. This is, hands down, one of the most immaculate books I've ever read, and I would hand-deliver a copy to every person's hands if I could. Here is a taste of "the princess saves herself in this one."

I have so much love to give, but no one ever wants it.

-a cup overfilled

the princess locked herself away in the highest tower, hoping a knight in shining armor would come to her rescue.

-i didn't realize i could be my own knight.

once upon a time, the princess rose from the ashes her dragon lovers made of her & crowned herself the mother-f****** queen of herself.

-how's that for a happily ever after?

fat

/fat/

adjective

1. a descriptive word. it has no deeper meaning. it should not determine the worth (or lack thereof) of a human being.

-what i know now that i wish i knew then.

"the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along.

-she never needed those wings.

"what are you going to do with your english degree?"

"i plan to crack open the skulls of the masses & plant a colorful garden in every brain."

"i am going to lace together a necklace of words for everyone i meet."

"for once in my life i am going to make sure someone finally hears me."

"i don't know."

-& it's okay not to know.

fiction: the ocean i dive headfirst into when i can no longer breathe in reality.

-a mermaid escapist II.

write for the story. push your hands into the dirtiest parts of yourself. take the rot & decay & turn it into nourishment & life. water it & sing to it & show it sunlight. grow a beautiful garden from your aching & teach yourself how to thrive from it. write your story.

-the sign you've been waiting for.

he did not teach me how to love myself, but he was the bridge that helped me get here.

-i thank the universe every day for you.

i am a lioness who is no longer afraid to let the world hear her roar.

-an ode to me.

repeat after me: you owe no one your forgiveness.

-except maybe yourself.

when someone offers to save you make it your mission to save yourself.

-i believe in you.

Through this book, you will find yourself in ways you never thought was possible. Through Amanda Lovelace's words, you will remember what it's like to hit rock bottom, to feel worthless, what it's like to want to give up. But then you turn another page and realize all the possibilities and potential in yourself. The poems resonate with your soul and help you to understand the darkest and brightest parts of your heart. These poems will change your life, I promise.

*All poems are property of Amanda Lovelace*