The Presidential Election Of 2016

The Presidential Election Of 2016

A Farce In Two Acts

7
The Presidential Election Of 2016
Politified

With the election fast-approaching and the selection of candidates even closer, the citizens of America need to truly reflect on the choices of candidates in this farcical election.

The Republican front-runner is Donald Trump. I know we all know this, but if you told someone that sentence 10 years ago they would laugh and walk away. But it is the reality we are living in. Trailing closely behind is the junior senator from Texas, Ted Cruz. I don't want to spend much time on Mr. Cruz, but I will say that his plan to deal with the Middle East is to carpet bomb them into oblivion. Also, a fellow senator has stated that if Cruz was murdered on the Senate floor, there would be no witnesses. Yes, he is hated that much. Back to Trump. First, let's reflect on why this man is even here. The answer is that he is not a career politician. Nowadays we have men and women making their living off tax dollars as congress people or senators. George Washington could have been president until he died but he stepped down after two terms so he would not turn into the tyrannical leader America just finished ridding themselves of. The people of America have grown to distrust politicians since the Watergate scandal and the level of trust continues to drop daily. So many people have turned to support Trump and Ben Carson (although he is no longer in the running) because they have not been in D.C. for a majority of their lives. Next, Trump tells these people what they want to hear. Due to biased media, the people of America have no reliable source to receive the truth of world happenings. They are scared whenever they hear about ISIS or a school shooting. But since the media and Capitol are both split, they do not know who to listen to or what to do about it. Donald Trump is telling these people simple sentences that resonate with the scared people. That does not change the fact that Trump has also said some really stupid things and has followers that are violent and ignorant. Overall the man is a minimalist when it comes to speeches and works off passion rather than policy.

Now onto the Democratic side of things. In the lead is Hillary Clinton and not too far behind is Bernie Sanders. First I'll talk about Mr. Sanders. This man is a socialist. That is just a fact, that does not mean he is a bad man. Americans have been trained to cringe at the word and relate it to communism over the years. It isn't a stretch to relate the two, but there are different levels of socialism. What Bernie wants is not communism, I will start by putting that out there. What he wants however is unrealistic. His ideas are good on paper, but the fact is that none of them would make it through Senate/Congress. The career politicians would lose their career if they pass anything Bernie proposes, even the Democrats. The majority of the population, even Bernie supporters, fear the outcome of what socialism might bring. So, if their state's politicians vote to pass a socialistic bill they would stop supporting that person. If Bernie wins, D.C. goes into a lockdown of the White House versus the Senate/House of Representatives. The bad news is that the lockdown Bernie would bring is the best choice for America. Finally we have our good pal Mrs. Clinton. This woman is hypocritical and secretive. Not too long ago she was preaching unequal rights for the LGBTQ community and is now some self-proclaimed front liner for them. How many of you have heard of the attack on the Benghazi Embassy? Probably not too many. That is because Madame Secretary of State, Mrs. Clinton took four U.S. lives, two former Marines, an intelligence officer, and an Ambassador, and swept them under a huge rug to ensure the American people heard an absolute minimum of the terrorist attack on legal U.S. soil. She resigned after this incident and is now running for president. If elected how many times will she flip-flop her views and how many others will be disregarded? That is a question for all of you.

What can we take from all of this? We can conclude that this election is a huge farce of American politics. With Cruz we receive a similar deadlock in the Capitol that we would with Sanders. With Trump we have a bigot with unrealistic, unattainable goals. With Clinton we end up with a liar who does not value American lives. Unfortunately, whoever wins the Presidency will result in a loss for America.