4 Powerful Women Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Here are a few powerful female characters with smaller fandom base.

157
movies.mxdwn.com

The Marvel Cinematic Universe harbors a large list of strong female characters. These strengths range from brawns to brains, stealth to comic relief, and so much more. Each female character is an individual with her own strengths and weaknesses. They're three-dimensional characters that stand on their own. Last week's list included Pepper Potts, Black Widow, Agent Carter and Agent may. This week the power of female characters with smaller fandom bases will be explored.

1. Jane Foster

Jane Foster may not appear to be a strong character. She actually doesn't even have a strong role in the Marvel universe. Most would only see her as the love interest of Thor. She's not a character that fights physically, but contrary to popular belief she is a powerful character. Power does not always come from being physically strong or mentally calculating. Jane Foster is a perceptive and knowledgeable character. Darcy Lewis even mentions in the first Thor movie that Jane has three degrees. Jane is extremely interested in astronomy and physics. She's obviously an immensely smart character, but she is not the cold calculating type that many smart characters tend to be. She's a character that appears innocent and largely non-threatening, but that is not because she is weak. It is because she is a character with an imagination and an innate curiosity for the unknown. She's also brave and feisty as is seen in "Thor the Dark World," where she slaps both Thor and Loki within the movie. She wants to help and learn, which is exactly what she does within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

2. Darcy Lewis.

Darcy Lewis is an even smaller character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Like Jane, she plays in both Thor movies. Throughout the movies she appears as Jane Foster's intern. She's not exactly a super brain or a crime fighting ninja, but she's a great comedic relief character. Some of the funniest scenes throughout the movies feature Darcy Lewis. One of the comical moments in the original Thor movie, was Darcy using a taser on Thor after he wakes up from being accidentally hit by Jane Fosters vehicle. Darcy is hilariously blunt and strange. It's important for young girls to have comedic role models. A female role in a movie doesn't always have to be maiden or warrior. Sometimes a girl just wants to be the court jester. Not to mention she packs a mean punch, that might or might not have something to with a taser.

3. Sif.

If Jane is the brains and Darcy the humor, then Lady Sif is definitely the brawn. She fights with the boys, probably better at it than the boys. She's rough and tough, and wields a sword. She and The Warriors Three fight to protect Asgard and their royal leaders. Sif had to fight her way through the ranks more than her male counterparts did. This is shown in the first Thor movie, when Thor mentions how everyone questioned a maiden becoming a warrior. He asks who proved them wrong, and she told him she did. She has the heart of a warrior, and it shows through her actions within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

4. Agent Maria Hill.

Agent Maria Hill is Nick Fury's right hand man in the world of S.H.I.E.L.D. She was a minor character in "The Avengers" but has continuously had a large role in the cartoons and comics. After Phil Coulson's death was faked in "The Avengers" she seemingly rises in rank. It is never explicitly said, but her role in the universe seems to be more prominent after "The Avengers." Now, she's a lady who's in charge and kicking butt.