The Power Of A Dream

We all have dreams. This ideal utopia with our future self. What we will be doing, where we will live, how much money we will be making, and what we would be doing with that money. This vision and the pursuit of it never really dies, it simply changes according to the individual’s values and their current place in life. Whether this utopia rests vividly on our minds or on the back burner, it is there nevertheless, and that is enough to make a worthwhile point.

Most of us are told when we are kids that we should chase our dreams and that we can be that astronaut or firefighter when we grow a little older. But, when we do grow older, practicality becomes more prominent and reality scares us straight. The development and extension of our knowledge in the world creates a sharp division between our dreams and reality. What happened to that child-like mentality and why can't we hold on to that as we grow older? I am a believer that we can hang on to that child-like mentality. Just a more advanced version of it. A child at heart, anchored by faith, with ever growing knowledge and wisdom can be unbelievably powerful. The division of the dream and reality is sharp, as I said earlier and the battleground between the two is full. Full of opposition, opinions, influences, and sometimes even reality itself. These are all manifestations of our matured brains and the ability to logically reason through the battleground will determine how successful we will be in reaching our dream. In making the dream a reality. With the diminishment of the battlefield, the new united force of realistic dreaming will be in control and the conquered will be few in numbers only forming small non-impactful groups on the side.

As you can hopefully see through this example, achieving your dreams is plausible, the effort just has to be allocated in a productive manner. With this analysis, these dreams become more tangible than the traditional thinking would assume. Through the truly impressive advancements in technology accomplishing almost anything has never been easier. You can find everything you need to know about what it takes to be an astronaut in under 10 minutes. It’s almost too easy. Entrepreneurs and dream chasers are realizing the tangibility of these visions. It is truly exciting to see the momentum and tremendous support that entrepreneurs are receiving. The simple fact is clear, people are getting bored and fear of the 9 to 5 looms darkly overhead. These negatives can motivate some to push for their dreams, but is not the approach that I would recommend. A dream fueled mission with everlasting faith will be more powerful than any other motivator. The economy better watch out for the dream chasers to come. They are strong, blind to opposition, numerous, and will shake the very ground we are all standing on. They will keep chasing. They will keep innovating. They will shape the future.

All great things were started by visionaries and dream chasers such as Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, etc. We need the next visionaries to drive our world down better paths. To truly change the world. We could aim for the sky but that would be too vague. If we shoot for the moon we will reach mars.