The Playlist The World Needs Right Now

The Playlist The World Needs Right Now

A short list of songs to inspire people all over the world.

19
The Playlist The World Needs Right Now
Wide Wallpapers

So, the temperature of the world as a whole has been less than happy this year. There’s so much violence and conflict, the tension could be cut with a plastic knife. People are butting heads with every aspect of life and they are stubborn to boot, making society as a whole pretty dang angry and menacing. So, in hopes to relieve some tension, I put together this playlist of feel good, loving music. Enjoy!

1. The Black Eyed Peas- Where Is The Love?

The original version (above) aired in June of 2003. The lyrics are continuously relatable no matter how old it is. In fact, the iconic 2000s group reunited in 2016 to redo the song and music video. The new music video (below) features other musicians, celebrities, and real photographs of the tragedies that have plagued our world. In my opinion, this is the most important song of the playlist.

2. Tim McGraw- Humble and Kind

Tim McGraw released this hit in 2015. The song was originally written by Lori McKenna, as a message to her five children, encompassing it into the lyrics of her simple and worldly song. She sent it to Tim and there a song was born. Later, in 2016, McKenna released her own version of the song in her album, The Bird & The Rifle. In today's climate, this song can be taken as a simple message to everyone to remember to be humble and kind every day.

3. Martina McBride- I'm Gonna Love You Through It

Martina McBride released this hit in 2011, rocking the world of music by releasing a song based on the reality of cancer. The video features real life survivors and their families sharing their stories. This song is important because it shows the power of just loving someone through their darkest days.

4. Journey- Don't Stop Believing

Journey released this iconic song in 1981, taking the world by storm with this inspirational ballad about never giving up on what you believe in. This song has been the theme song to every feel good moment of thousands of people over the past 36 years and I have a feeling it will continue to be on playlists for many years to come.

5. Swedish House Mafia- Save The World

Swedish House Mafia released this catchy tune in 2016, taking the criminal world by storm with the fluffy music video of dog heroes. This song is important to the list because it talks about being united in saving the world. It's a great message about making the world a better place together.

6. Eminem- Not Afraid

Eminem released this hit in 2010. This song is about his personal struggles but it can be related to on so many levels. The chorus sticks out, saying "We'll walk this road together, through the storm whatever weather, cold or warm just letting you know that you're not alone" letting anyone who's felt his struggles know that they are not alone and they can get through it together. In today's society, this is important to remember. You are NEVER alone in your struggles and there is always someone there to help walk through your journey.

7. I Prevail- Scars

I Prevail is an up and coming band from Michigan, who released this song with their "Lifelines" album in 2016. The video follows a family of four, each with a specific insecurity they are trying to hide. In the lyrics, they talk about wearing your scars (insecurities) proudly and not letting anyone knock you down. This song is catchy and has a great message.

8. Dionne Warwick- What The World Needs Now Is Love

This song was originally done and made famous by Jackie DeShannon in 1965. There's no question as to why this song has been sung by many. This song is a simple reminder that the world needs love. This classic is timeless.

9. Michael Jackson- Man In The Mirror

Michael Jackson released this iconic song in 1987. The video follows tragedy all over the world and depicts the ideology that if we want the world to change, we must be the change in the world. This message is important, especially in today's social climate. As Ghandi said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

10. Bobby McFerrin- Don't Worry Be Happy

And to finish out our list, Bobby McFerrin with Don't Worry, Be Happy. He released this song in 1988 and it's been bringing smiles to people's faces ever since. This song is the second most important of the 10 because when all else fails, it would be prudent of us to remember that worrying solves nothing and we shouldn't waste our precious time with it. Even with all the problems of the world, please never forget to be happy.

I don't expect this list to change lives, however, if you need to cheer up or need a little inspiration, I hope this list finds you well. With all of the horrible things in this world, please remember humanity and all that it is worth. We are all, in fact, human. If we fight divided, we fall together.