The Pill Is The Female Wonder Drug

The Pill Is The Female Wonder Drug

It's not all about not having a baby

110
The Pill Is The Female Wonder Drug
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/08/6364574632459189211030341942_1428798138_d4cb2567c8_b.jpg

Birth control has, through the years, caused controversy. Most believe "the pill" only has one function: to prevent a sexually active woman from becoming pregnant. However, birth control pills are a miracle solution to problems many women face. Here are some of the many uses of the birth control pill that you may not know!

1. Endometriosis

Endometriosis is a chronic disease that plagues an abundant amount of women. it occurs when the tissue that lines the uterus, called the endometrium, grows outside of the uterus. When a woman has her period, those tissues have no way of exiting the body and cause lesions and inflammation. This causes extreme pain from inflammation and can result in scar tissue forming, and even infertility. The birth control pill counteracts that by stopping a woman's period; which improves the pain and extreme cramps.

2. Polycystic Ovary Symptom (PCOS)

Polycystic Ovary Symptom, or PCOS, is a hormone imbalance that can result in irregular period, horrible acne, and even unwanted hair growth in various places. Birth control works by lowering hormone levels to regulate your period. And by lower the hormone levels, it can help with the acne and hair growth.

3. Cramps

There are many over-the-counter medications for menstrual cramps; however, they may not always be the solution. By preventing ovulation, birth control can lessen the severity of cramps.

4. Regulate the menstrual cycle

No one has a perfect cycle. For many, it seems like it just comes and goes whenever it feels like it. Contraceptive pills normalize hormone levels, thus regulating the menstrual cycle.

5. Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea is the lack of a menstrual cycle. It can be caused by genetics, stress, diet, exercise pattern, and weight. The pill can be used to increase levels of estrogen, which will induce the menstrual cycle.

6. Premenstrual Symptom

Premenstrual symptom, or PMS, affects up to 85% of women who menstruate. It's symptoms are characterized by fatigue, irritability, headaches, and abdominal pain, just to name a few. Birth control is prescribed to women with PMS to prevent ovulation and balance hormone levels.

There are still copious amounts of uses for birth control. While most only see it as pregnancy prevention, women see it as something they couldn't go about their day without. "The pill" allows women to go through their daily lives without worrying about how their menstrual cycle will affect them. You can find information at https://youngwomenshealth.org/2011/10/18/medical-u... on this topic!