The Phenomena of Perfection

The Phenomena of Perfection

Last week I claim it doesn't exist but this week I embrace it

171
The Phenomena of Perfection
Starving Christian's Blog

Perfection.

What is perfection?

The Merriam Webster dictionary says: “the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects.”

To some they may never be perfect. Never embody perfection.

Some of us may despise it. Some of us may strive for it. Obsess or under obsess about it.

But at the end of the day we are all perfect. We all embody it.

Perfection isn’t just one definition. Perfection is seven point four billion definitions and counting.

Perfection is a feeling. A moment. A second in time. A task.

Perfection is that feeling of pure happiness hanging out with a friend that you haven’t hung out with in a while.

Perfection is the way my hair curls after I’ve washed it.

Perfection is the moment I pull out my viola, and fall in love with it all over again.

Perfection is that second in the music when everything pauses, and you know there’s a hella beat about to drop.

Perfection is washing the dishes and reflecting on how blessed I am to be alive.

We fear it. We fear perfection because we believe it’s unattainable.

But it’s not, we attain it everyday. We attain it by trying to be the best version of ourselves possible. And yes, sometimes we fail, but there is perfection in trying. Not desperation or thirst. And sometimes we may end up trying more times than we want to. Trying to achieve the perfection that we unconsciously want. It’s why we do anything. To be perceived as a human, a human who is perfect. Perfectly themselves. Because the only perfect you- is you. 7.4 billion perfections walk this earth every day. We are all perfection.