An Open Letter To The Person I End Up With In The End

We never know who it will be.

2
Photo by Foto Pettine on Unsplash

Dear future husband, boyfriend, partner, or spouse,

Life is hard sometimes, finding that special someone to share everything in your life with is even harder. I hope finding you isn't difficult and that wherever you are right now, you're happy. You could be with someone else, that's okay. I might be too. Just know if you are in a situation or relationship that isn't fulfilling your needs or that you're not happy in anymore, it's okay. You deserve all the happiness life brings you along the way. Whether you are supposed to learn from it or not is the question.

I hope life has treated you exceptionally well and that all your dreams are coming true. I want you to know that I can't wait to find out who you are and everything about you and your life. I want you to get to know me and my past and my hopes and dreams and just everything about me. That I love books. And coffee. That my friends are my world, especially my best friends. That I love all animals, not just the normal ones everyone loves, like dogs. That some of my family come first and that family is sensitive for me to discuss. Please give me time to open up about everything, I don't trust easily. But once I do, you'll know more than you wanted to.

I can't wait to plan our wedding with you. Grow old with you. Spend the rest of my life with you.

Until then, keep enjoying life. I am cheering on all your successes from afar and can't wait to hear all about them. Don't count anything out. God has a plan for a reason, we just have to be patient and listen to him. Take what happens in our lives as a sign from Him that whatever it was, wasn't meant to stay in your life.

With love,

Your future wife, girlfriend, partner, spouse.