Quotes From 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' To Remind You 'You Are Infinite'

The best quotes of Stephen Chbosky's classic.
127

If you have read the book "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," you probably agree that Stephen Chbosky's words spoke to you. Perhaps, you too, are a bookworm and thrive off of phrases that someone else said, but you could not have thought it anymore to be true than if you were to say it yourself. Perhaps I am not the only one that finds it hard to stop re-reading my favorite book. However, my favorite book tends to be the last one I read. "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" helped me feel connected at one point in my life — like there is someone else out there that has the same thoughts that I do. I hope these quotes help you feel something; and, if they don't, I hope you read until you find that one book that helps you feel unity.

“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”

“So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”

“I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have.”

“Why do I and everyone I love pick people who treat us like we're nothing"

"We accept the love we think we deserve”

“She wasn't bitter. She was sad, though. But it was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind of sad that just takes time ”

“And I guess I realized at that moment that I really did love her. Because there was nothing to gain, and that didn't matter.”

"Because I know there are people who say all these things don’t happen. And there are people who forget what it’s like to be sixteen when they turn seventeen. I know these will all be stories someday, and our pictures will become old photographs. We all become somebody’s mom or dad. But right now, these moments are not stories. This is happening. I am here, and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it. This one moment when you know you’re not a sad story. You are alive. And you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you’re listening to that song, and that drive with the people who you love most in this world. And in this moment, I swear, we are infinite.”

“I just want you to know that you’re very special... and the only reason I’m telling you is that I don’t know if anyone else ever has.”

I hope you live every day to the fullest and always know that you are infinite.