The Patriots vs. The Regressive Rebels

The Patriots vs. The Regressive Rebels

On the SJW Super Bolw Controversy
11

Every now and again, people will freak out over the internet about something that seems completely innocent and, quite frankly, stupid only to have something completely unrelated and uncontroversial happen and then the focus switched to entirely different, yet somehow just as stupid, thing. It never ceases to amaze me of people’s ability to take something that is the least controversial topic in the world and somehow twist and mangle it into something that is so far fetched and ridiculous that you, as a person who values logic and has a great deal of common sense, spend hours upon hours thinking of the mental gymnastics one must go through to arrive to the conclusion that the mass on the left or the right have come to. That very thing happened this year in the events following Super Bowl 51.

Football, or any sport, really, should be one of those areas where politics and other controversial topics stay away. Sure, a football player or coach can express his own political opinion that you may or may not agree with, but there is a certain need for many people on the left and the right to see something that is completely harmless and uncontroversial and make it the biggest thing in the world (you know, only for a couple of days because of how short the attention span of the average American is). Following Super Bowl 51, many SJW nitwits decided to take to Twitter and somehow link the Patriots’ huge comeback to win the game, which is, lets be honest, one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history, to racism in the United States of America. Some even resulted to link it to the presidential election, the Falcons playing the role of the never-can-do-wrong Hillary Clinton and the Patriots taking on the role of the evil Hitler-like (even though he has yet to advocate for the mass extinction of any race or religious group) Donald Trump.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand Donald Trump. He’s a sleazy pathological liar who pretended to be some populist but is really a corporate stooge in disguise (yes, America got doped for the third election in a row into voting for a fake populist) and an all around slime ball. I didn’t vote for him and would have never voted for him. Hillary Clinton (though she was still an evil) was the lesser of two evils, by far. And I hate to break it to you, but I can tell you from the experience of living through both of these “controversial” events that they’re different. For starters, the Atlanta Falcons actually earned their NFC championship and didn’t have it handed to them by sleazy undemocratic tactics like a certain Democratic presidential nominee (***cough, cough, Hilary Clinton, cough, cough***). On top of that, the New England Patriots, while extremely unpopular, are a hell of a sports franchise. Donald Trump was a mess when he ran and is still a mess today (we’re talking about the man who freaked out when someone made comments his tiny toddler hands). So, I’m not seeing the conspiracy theory here.

Some could be upset because Bill Belicheck and Robert Craft supported Donald Trump. The simple fact of the matter is that this is just as stupid of a reason to get this upset over anything. To put things lightly, people are allowed to have their own opinions and disagree. Yes, I know, it might be hard to accept, but it is true. And just because someone has a different political opinion than you, it does not make them racist or sexist by default. For the love of god, it was even a black man for the Patriots who scored the winning touchdown. This isn’t racism; it was a goddamn football game that people are bitching over when there is no real sign of racism there. They are making racism out to be bigger than it actually is because, lets be honest, it isn’t that big of an issue on a systemic level. Yes, racism absolutely still exists (the KKK and Black Lives Matter are proof or racist organizations) but it more of an individual issue than a nation wide one.