A Letter To The Parents Who Worry

A Letter To The Parents Who Worry

Just remember, watching the news or a crime show is not a good idea if I recently told you I was going out somewhere or doing something by myself.

7
A Letter To The Parents Who Worry

To the parents who worry too much,

I know you are worried because you love me but sometimes you do not need to worry. Because of all your worrying about me when I was growing up, I have learned to not make stupid decisions and be aware of my surroundings. I would never put myself in a situation that you would not approve of because you taught me the difference between a good situation and a bad one. Even if i was in a bad situation I know I will have you to call to make things better and save me from whatever damage I or someone else has done because that is the type of parent you are. Just because I do something that worries you does not mean I am stupid or do not have common sense because that is not true at all. If I do something that may worry you then you should already know I made sure to have a backup plan if something goes wrong and to think about all of my options before I make a decision because you taught me to be that way. I am a grown up now and most of the time I need to do things by myself, and I know you cannot help it but me being independent should not be a matter of worrying because you raised me to be a responsible adult. Honestly, I am going to worry about my kids in the future just as you worry about me because that happens when you love someone and do not want anything to happen to them. I will also show them the right way to handle and act in good or bad situations, just like you did for me.

Yes, sometimes I do spontaneous things that worry you, but I always have at least 3 plans in case something goes wrong. Nothing I do is stupid and if it was then I would not be doing it. I know there are certain things I cannot control though like the weather. Please do not get mad at me or freak out for doing something when its raining, snowing, or whatever the condition you are worried about me being in. If something is meant to happen to me then it will, but I will do my best to make sure nothing does.

Just remember, watching the news or a crime show is not a good idea if I recently told you I was going out somewhere or doing something by myself. Those shows and the media make the worry worse. I know, I know, anything can happen, as you always say, but you cannot be so worried about me that you will not let me out of the house to adventure on my own and have new experiences. If I do not have experiences then how am I ever going to learn? This might amaze you but I know myself better than anyone else and I know what I can and cannot do.

In the end, I am sorry for all of the times I have made you worry about me but just realize it probably will never stop because you care about me too much not to worry and I know that. Also, thank you for worrying about me and raising me to be smart enough to where I can get mad at you for worrying.

With lots of love,

Your Angsty Kid