A Letter To The One I Love

A Letter To The One I Love

I am sorry for giving up on you.

1285
A Letter To The One I Love

I would first like to start off by telling you that never in my life had I thought that I would ever find someone who loves me the way you do. Not that I believed that I was incapable of being loved, but I simply could not fathom finding someone who could ever appreciate and cherish me the way I dreamed about. That is, until you walked into my life. Even when life gets in the way, I still love you more than words can describe. You are constantly on my mind.

Relationships aren’t perfect. I know ours was not perfect either. It required a lot of work physically and emotionally. In the end of the day, we must remind ourselves that if it were easy it wouldn’t be worth it.

I soon realized that you are not only my lover; you are my best friend. When I gave up on you, I lost my best friend too. I realized no one knows me better than you and I know you better than yourself.

I am sorry for not sacrificing. With relationships comes sacrifice. Whatever the case may have been, you have to give this person some credit for trying their best. Relationships aren’t always going to completely work out in one person’s liking and you can’t always get what you want. They are not a perfect piece that fits into the puzzle of your life. If someone made sacrifices for you in a time that might have been difficult for them, can’t you make a sacrifice now when it’s difficult for you? We often become self-absorbed and lose sight of their happiness. As we reflect on that special love, we realize that we both sacrificed, but can also learn to sacrifice more. Thank you for sacrificing for me.

I am sorry for giving up because of the bumps in the road. I needed to learn to compromise. In order to be successful and get through fights, compromising is necessary. It is a proven fact we take our pain out on those we love most. Often times this causes trouble in relationships since you end up blaming them for your problems. I need to learn to ask you before arguing, is this fight worth our time? As I look back on our love, most of our fights were pointless anyways. The true test is if you can be mad face-to-face with them. This usually determines whether or not the fight is worth it. I know in my heart, I can never look into your beautiful eyes and be mad.

You accepted me like no one else ever has. From my perfections to my flaws you accepted me. On my good days and my bad you understood me. In my moments of frustration, you listened. In my moments of tears, you offered me comfort. You loved me for who I am from the inside out.

I always was told as a little girl, the Lord intended one man for me. You are my soul mate. You make my soul happy. You are my love, companion, and above all, my best friend. I truly believe that there is not one other person in the world who gets my humor, my mannerisms, and my heart like you do.

I want you to know how much I appreciate you. I may not have told you enough, or shown it. You did so many little things for me that went unnoticed. I want to apologize for the moments when I was blind to see what you did for me; I want to apologize if I have ever overlooked you. I want you to know that even when I was incapable of seeing how lucky and blessed I was to have you, I still am forever thankful.

I want you to know that our friendship means everything to me, and that I simply can not survive in this crazy world without you. You give me the truth when I need to hear it, courage when I need confidence, and love when I am flawed. There is no one else I would rather lay up at night and talk with about crazy things that only the two of us could even think of. There is no one else who I would rather travel with, see the world, and experience new adventures with. There is no one else who simply could ever get me the way you do.

I want to thank you for giving me love when I was undeserving and for your forgiveness when I made mistakes and hurt you with my words and actions. You have taught me so much about tenderness and unconditional love, even when it is hard to give. You have taught me, to never give up on love unless you enjoy regret. With every storm comes a rainbow. I pray that this is our storm, because I know we can create a beautiful rainbow together.