The One Finger Challenge

The One Finger Challenge

What's Really Behind The Sexy Selfie

696
The One Finger Challenge

We use our bodies as a symbol of residence but still need to play by the rules of society by keeping covered. Born from that spite is the naked one finger selfie. It is achieved by holding up your index finger at a certain angle to cover both your breasts and “privates” in the mirror.

As a personal experiment for this article, I have experienced a lot of difficulty achieving this angle. So, to those who have successfully done it, I applaud you.

While being comfortable with ourselves, we may be making others feel uncomfortable. Whether it be because of our size and body structure or just by posting our nudity.

After doing some research and conducting a poll I have come up with the various facts.

1-More than 75% of the women only participated in this challenge for self-esteem reasons.

It is a new way to take a photo so naturally we are inclined to test it out. Most women take naked pictures of themselves to improve their self-esteem. It’s just a plus if their partner appreciates them too.

2-Less than 10% of the woman asked posted their selfie to Facebook or another social media site.

Sharing things is how we express our feelings so when these photos were shared, it was to show that we are proud of who we are and wat we look like.

3-Exactly half of the women asked sent their selfie to their s/o to enjoy.

Enough said.

4-95% of the men asked said the selfie was a good tease.

By covering parts of the body, it leaves room for imagination and the idea of seduction. They say it prepares them for the completely nude pictures that are to come, or gets them raring to go for later.

5-65% of the men asked said they took this kind of selfie.

It was easier for them because they only have to cover one thing 😉

6-All of the men who took the selfie did it for the same reasons as the women.

They wanted the confidence boost and wanted to tease their partners a little before they saw each other later that night.

Personal experience-

-I had serious angle issues due to my height and the position of the mirror on the wall.

-when I finally got the angle right I had issues covering everything I needed to cover.

-I finally got a successful picture and it did make me feel sexy, but my breasts are my favorite part of my body (besides my eyes) and covering them was a down side for me.

-I did not show my boyfriend, even though I probably should have.

Questions-

How did this get started?

Why do so many people feel the need to post it for the world to see?