I Am The Oldest And I Will Always Protect You

A lil love letter to my cousins.
1358

Let me start by saying how lucky Jack, Adam, and I are to have ten AMAZING first-cousins. I have the privilege and honor of being the oldest cousin on both sides of the family, and I have been able to watch each and every one of you grow into kind, thoughtful, and genuine human beings. Some of you are still little and some of you are almost as tall as me (maybe even taller UGH). Some of you live on the other side of my town and some of you live in another state. But every single one of you is loved, treasured, and admired by the people around you; especially by me. Your parents (all my awesome aunts and uncles) deserve a shoutout for raising such amazing little people.

I am the oldest and I will always protect you. That is my promise. This one's for you <3

Jessica and Nathan:

My Giggle Sister and My Handyman

I will never forget the phone calls and random acts of kindness in July, or the various (and creative) happy birthday messages in November. I will never forget you guys driving all the way to Stonehill to hand-deliver a care package (complete with homemade cookies) and taking me out for ice cream. Jessie, you are my oldest friend, my truest supporter, and my favorite baby-sitting partner (especially when we mom-it-up at Panera). Nathan, you have traded your fire truck collection for actual Chevy (NOT FORD GUYS NOT FORD) trucks you can drive, you are always willing to lend a helping hand, and you appreciate the little things more than most people your age. Auntie Bear, thank you for taking me out for my birthday dinner and making me feel so special. Uncle Zoo, thank you for always sharing those posts about people you love with diabetes. Your part of the family is filled with generous gems that shine from the inside out. <3

Ryan and Addison:

My ROTC Boy and My Snuggle Bug

I will never forget the “daisy days”. The days where Ryan practiced writing his name at my kitchen table and sang songs on my living room floor. The days when I would open the door to see Addison's smiling little baby face as she woke up from her nap, then I would cover her with kisses and change her stinky diaper. Ryan, you are a karate master, a fierce protector of your loved ones, and a technological wizard. Addi, you are the best helper a daycare worker could ever ask for, my favorite snuggle-buddy (you’ll still fall asleep with me on the couch), and the hardest person to find when we play hide and seek. Auntie Ange, thank you for always sewing pockets into all my dresses for my insulin pump (and making adjustments as necessary!). Uncle Matt, thank you for teaching me how to “share” a hug and for texting our family group chat every single day because it really makes my heart happy (Ilytm;). Your part of the family is filled with memorable marbles that always know the right path to take. <3

Jared, Bryan, and Sadie:

My Tightest Hugger, My Basketball Boy, and My Lovie Girl

I will never forget those summer days when Jared comes to visit and we have countless adventures involving ice cream and mini golf. I will never forget all the times I've been able to babysit the twins (from before they could walk to now) during the annual Christmas shopping trip. Jared, you are my loving, sarcastic partner in crime, you proudly take the most unflattering pictures of me, and you just get me without me having to saying a word (true talent right there). Bryan, you are simultaneously an ocean wave of energy and a shy starfish, an adorable basketball enthusiast, and those cute little eyeballs will always be one of my favorite things about you. Sadie, you are a serious, considerate, and thoughtful little love muffin, you are always up for a selfie (with and without filters), and you remind me so much of myself. Auntie Katie (I mean awesomeauntiekatie….), thank you for always fulfilling your godmother duties and for hyping up everything I post on social media. You are truly one of the strongest people I know and I don't think anyone tells you that enough; I am so proud of everything you are. Your part of the family is filled with rays of sunshine that quite literally melt my heart. <3

Kyle, Aidan, and Luke:

My Meme Master, My Tickle Monster, and My Lukie

I will never forget making construction paper crowns on Nana and Grampy’s porch and performing the play we created from our imaginations. I will never forget visiting Florida for Luke’s first birthday and swimming the days away. I will never forget the summer adventures we were lucky enough to have two years in a row. Kyle, you are sensitive and kind, you have a relevant meme for any and all occasions, and you have the subtlest sense of humor (I make sure to pay close attention to when you say something funny because I find you hilarious). Aidan, you have the best giggle of anyone I’ve ever met (you are ticklish EVERYWHERE), you love a good running gag (cue heavy labor breathing), and I love when you snuggle right into me. Luke, I wish you could visit more often my darling because you are growing into a sassy little firecracker and I look forward to watching you grow. Uncle Markie (Stinkfoot), thank you for giving me these three boys, for turning any bad situation into something funny, and for finding me ridiculous Christmas cards. Your part of the family is filled with bubbles of giggles and I wish all you guys lived closer. <3

I am the oldest and I will always protect you. That is my promise. I love you <3

XOXO

Your Cousin Hannah