8 Things For Every College Cookbook

8 Things For Every College Cookbook

For all the poor and lazy 20 somethings.

21
8 Things For Every College Cookbook
OSU

I remember like it was yesterday...my mom buying my groceries, packing my lunch with notes and of course making me beautiful home cooked dinners. Now as I move completely off meal plans to fend for myself I sit in my house, open my fridge and stare blankly into the black hole that was once a stocked wonder land of promises. So I decided to devise the college cookbook: for all lazy, poor, hungry 20 somethings like myself.

1. Pacos

This is inspired by a friend. I introduce pasta tacos. And no, this is not a copyright of iCarly's spaghetti tacos. Pacos are a combination of two meals and it's a simple recipe. First, cook up some hamburger meat and put your seasoning in it. (If you're extra boujee, you can add a shell). Now that you have your tacos, eat what you want and save the leftovers. The next day all you have to do is boil some pasta and mix the leftover meat with your very classy $1 pasta sauce. And there you have it, pacos.

2. Salsa

This is not a recipe -- just a way of life. I know you thought avocado is the "in" thing but I'm about to change the game. For all you health freaks, salsa is less than ten calories per tablespoon. Not only that but it's the most versatile thing that comes in a jar to date. You can eat it with chips, vegetables, meats and whatever else you like to eat.

3. The ye ole rice-in-a-cup

One time I got tonsillitis and ate this for a week straight and I can't say I was unhappy. Why take the time to cook rice on a stove when you can just microwave it in a cup with a splash of water? Add soy sauce for extra flavor.

4. Lean dogs

These are basically skinny hot dogs. They taste the same and can be found right next to the normal hot dogs at your local grocery store. Usually eat two? Well, now you can eat four for the same amount of calories.

5. Peanut butter and jelly

My freshman year of college I tried peanut butter and jelly for the first time in my life. I then ate only peanut butter and jelly for three consecutive months of my life. Do not deny the power of this sandwich. I suggest keeping at least one on hand at all times.

6. Eggs

18 eggs are under $2, enough said.

7. Blow Dryers

This isn't a food -- just a walking microwave. If you wake up next to cold chicken fingers from the night before, don't worry they're still savable. Plug in your hair dryer and I promise within five minutes they are as good as new. Extra points if you heat up the sauce too.

8. Popsicles

Just stock your freezer; you and your friends will thank you later.

So if you're like me and a cheap lazy college student then this is for you. I can't say it's a healthy diet, but it's a convenient one and who wants to do work now a days anyways?