The New Generation "Tramp Stamp": The "Skank Flank"

Why you should disregard these "titles".

3604

When getting a tattoo, every female tends to stray away from putting their new ink on their lower back. Having a tattoo on your lower back is called a "tramp stamp". Nowadays, there is a new spot that is the equivalent to a "tramp stamp" — "skank flank".

The "skank flank" is located on the side of your body by your ribs, under your arms. (Hence the word "flank").

If you're a woman and you get a tattoo in a certain area, you get automatically judged by the people around you. So if you wanted to get a tattoo on your lower back, does that mean you become a tramp? If you get a tattoo on your side, you're a skank? No, this is ridiculous. If you think the tattoo you want would look perfect in one of those spots, then you should be able to put it there with no false assumptions of what you are or how you behave. The same can be said about piercings, but that's a whole different topic.

Every person who wants to get a tattoo has to think about where to place it and if it's "acceptable" for the public eye. Some people don't care about others' opinions; however, some people do and listen to what others tell them to do. Here's a newsflash for you: it's your body! You can decorate it the way you want to and you shouldn't worry about what others may say. Although, there are a few precautions to acknowledge before getting "tatted up".

Deciding where to get a tattoo is very difficult to decide on. Things you need to consider:

1. Is it going to affect your workplace or career path?

2. For women, will the tattoo stretch out if you decide to have children?

3. Where are the most painful spots to get a tattoo? Try to avoid those areas, unless you have a high tolerance for pain.

These questions are essential to ask yourself before you get a tattoo. You don't want to end up regretting your decision, so take the time to consider where to put your tattoo. But be aware of the fact that a "tramp stamp" or "skank flank" tattoo doesn't define you as a person. You're just expressing your creativity with your body, and you should be proud of that.