The Nelk Boys Are An Example of How Selfish People Are Being During A Pandemic

Use Your Platform Responsibly

43

For many college students, college parties seem to be something to check off the college bucket list. However, during a pandemic is not a good time to do so.

Despite the current COVID-19 pandemic, students are still throwing parties no masks, and no social distancing at all, students even threw parties despite being tested positive.

There are students who have not been very responsible lately, and one of the most recent instances with when YouTubers The Nelk Boys went to Chicago to film some prank videos, they made a stop in Normal, Illinois somehow fans from Illinois State University=caught wind of their visit and gathered around, large crowd, clearly not social distancing, and hardly any masks.

While the boys claimed to only tell one person (check their Twitter accounts they talk about the headlines) they still could have maybe told people to wear a mask at least or stayed six feet apart from one another, or even better stop encouraging others to break health guidelines and gather.

There are other ways they could have put smiles on students faces, maybe they could have popped in to one of their zoom classes, maybe donate some money to a business who is struggling because of COVID-19, now prior to this story

In the end, YouTube made the right decision to demonetize them.

To all the people who may say "If it scares you so much than stay home'' there are many students who would love to be living their lives. Unfortunately, there are students like Cam and Samantha who can't just go back to normal right then and there. You are basically saying that people like them should never leave the house again, never get jobs, never go out into the world, you are basically saying that their existence doesn't matter to you. What if that person was your friend, or your brother or sister, or anyone of importance in your life.

What if they think that you abandoned them, and forgotten about them. That is not right to do, when you go out partying then the next day visit your friend who might have an illness, in which if they got corona could put them in the hospital.

Yes, it is important to make friends during college, and to socialize, but please do it responsibly. There will come a time that huge parties will be okay to have again but right now is not the best time.

So NELK boys please do better. Everyone needs to do better.

Stay healthy my friends.