The Motherhood Role

The Motherhood Role

The constant role

245
The Motherhood Role
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204935625286899&set=t.1128751201&type=3&theater

The Motherhood Role

Our roles our ever changing. What we do in life is in a constant change. I think most people graduate to different levels of being a better person through this progression of changing roles and status. We our stuck on Maslow’s pyramid. We our always on a path of betterment and just when we get to the top we have to start over again because of our own needs and or a new goal. Trying to find a balance between all your have to’s, want too’s, roles and responsibilityis like trying learn how to juggle with cans of paint on top of that pyramid.

Our social institution and groups often affect the way we see ourselves and the roles we play. The “family” has a lasting impact on the formation of how we feel about the roles we take on. This nucleus of understanding who we are can sometimes warp our view on life. The way we are reared has a big impact on our way we interact with other social groups. We often see the world in a small perspective. This micro level point of view gives us a small comprehension on how our world works but can leave us not understanding the big picture of the way the whole world works. Our comprehension for our own way leaves us slightly ethnocentric.

While we our young little girls see their mothers and other women being strong, taking care of their families. This should be considered a master role. The role of mother because women are the backbone of our society without them we would be severely handicapped. This is a role and a status that most little girls want to imitate. What these little girls are not thinking about is the Hawthorne affect. These women know how hard it actually is to be a parent but they appear to be all put together so that no one actually knows how tough things are for them. Let’s face the truth if women told other women and little girls how hard it was to be a parent then there would be no more generations to come. These subversive techniques help perpetuate the thought that women should be mothers and caregivers. I would love to tell little girls to wait as long as possible to have kids. To travel the world and experience their lives before their lives become so wrapped around the ones you care for lives like string bound in a tapestry unable to find the individual strands unless you look really closely but then the mom will just make it look all shiny, clean and nice with a smile, so you couldn’t even tell just how frayed the tapestry actually is. This is a bad thing that we are not honest with others about our faults and how we have difficulties just managing to get through a day sometimes but somehow we did. We make it every day it’s just what we do.

The social institution of the “family” would greatly change if women decided to be honest with how hard it is to actually be a woman and care giver. The achieved status of mother is perceived to be a better position than it is. A woman’s job is never done ever. Even when I get my to do list ta done the next day I will have to be to doing it all over again. Don’t’ get me wrong I love being a mother and taking care of my kids. They give me purpose and drive that I didn’t really have before. They keep me so busy I often forget to brush my hair and don’t even find out till I have already been a bunch of different places. I got all of my partying out of the way when I was younger but I didn’t get to travel the world. Now planning that adventure will have to wait till the kids are older because I can’t even use the bathroom in a public place without them running in twenty different places so how could I even think about taking them around the world. I think mothers don’t tell each other how self-centered children are and that there will be no thanks until well maybe never or when they have kids of their own they may gain a glimpse of understanding into the tough world of womanhood unless they are males then they will just float on by oblivious to the tenuous hold on sanity mothers have. On the upside we are producing the next generation who will be better than the last. I sure do hope that my boys will grow into nice productive gentleman who understand a woman’s plight. Just when Icome to this realization of learning to balance and juggle well on top of my pyramid, I begin falling down the other side of the pyramid because my kids have decided to feed the fan his chocolate pudding that I have to clean up from all the walls and him. At least I know its pudding and not some other brown substance from his body. It’s all about finding a good balance and a good laugh. Being able to stand back and see all the dropped paint everywhere like a Jackson Pollock painting there is so much beauty in all the doing too. Motherhood is a great role in life but it should come with some more warning labels for sure.