The Most Powerful Scene From Each Season Of 'Game Of Thrones'

Anything with winter, right?

28

What's the first word that comes to mind when asked about "Game of Thrones?" It's probably a jumble of letters: ooohhh, ugh, ajfewigjwoQFafkgkofaf, man. Each episode follows a host of characters and their individual stories, twisting and turning and ripping viewer's hearts out the entire way. The emotions are sometimes too much to handle, for good and for bad. Today we're going to focus on the good, the powerful, the royal hell yes-es of each season. From season one to season six, I've got you covered. Check out some of the all-time best moments of the "Game of Thrones" television series.

1. Daenerys Targaryen's reveal that she is part dragon

Who woulda thought? That moment in the finale of season one was enough for me to bow at her feet for the rest of eternity. Dany's being dragon has launched her into an unbent level of confidence and assertiveness in pursuing the freedom of slaves, and her own desire to sit on the Iron Throne. And to piggyback this, her reminder to us in season six that she, in fact, is the Unburnt, enhances that authority. She's one of the last people I'd want to mess with.

2. Daenerys Targaryen taking back her dragons

The love never end for Daenerys. She's one fierce lady, and one not to be underestimated. When she is lured into the House of the Undying, Dany is tempted by images of Khal Drogo and her stillborn son; but she knows that this reality is one that she is not meant to fall into. She finds her dragons, and it's at the last minute that she is able to free her babies and destroy their captor. It seemed impossible that she would actually be taken down so early, with her story dying before she were connected to anyone in Westeros; yet the scene took me by surprise and reaffirmed my love for her character.

3. Jaime Lannister returning to Harenhall for Brienne

Brienne of Tarth, vowing to Catelynn that she would safely return Jaime home to King's Landing, forges a bond with him as they are taken by the Boltons at Harrenhall and come to some understanding of one another. (i.e. the revelation that Jaime killed the Mad King because of his, as the title suggests, madness towards the citizens of his kingdom.) Something stirs between them, and that ambivalence viewers began to feel towards the "Shrek" Prince Charming character is lost as he turns his back on Brienne, preparing to go home. Then it's returned, as he goes back to save her in an arena, where she is fighting a bear. The concern *melts the once cold heart to him*

4. Tyrion Lannister's trial speech

"I'm on trial for being a dwarf." Tyrion's wit and intelligence come to fruition in this scene, calling out his father and the entirety of Westeros for falling victim to the whims of society and hate. While it obviously does not lead his father to look in his favor (any more than he already was ... scheming arse), it is a powerhouse moment where all of us viewers could jump out of our seats and applaud him until our hands burned. And he demands — not asks for — a hand at his own fate: trial by combat. Damn, Tyrion!

5. Sansa Stark and Theon Greyjoy's escape from Winterfell

I mean, helloooooooo?! Season five was, ultimately, a filler season, transitioning so as for later action to happen. (Still looking at you, season six.) In any case, Theon came out of nowhere and took back the life stolen from him. Sansa, being the badass she is, had little to lose as she grabbed his hand and, trust and desperation filling their gazes, jumped a scary-high distance down to the snow. We were left wondering for the next year if they had survived the jump, all the while cheering for their throwing caution and life to the wind for the possibility that they could escape.

6. (So Far) Arya Stark's choosing to leave the Temple of the Faceless Men

Don't tell me this didn't make you feel all sorts of wonderful feels. Arya Stark of Winterfell has returned, with the possibility of reuniting with her siblings! Nothing is promised in "Game of Thrones," but there sure is hope for her yet. This is testament to why she remains a fave: that quick mind of hers is speeding ahead. She's going home!