The Most Amazing Men Are Often Our Fathers

Thank you dad for everything.

3
Meghan Horrell

Daughters its time to thank our fathers; personally, my dad is the greatest role model, and teacher that I have been blessed to have in my life. I am definitely a "daddy's" girl (even though he never let my siblings and I call him that), and am extremely thankful to be. My dad is the greatest human being for he is caring, hardworking, and allowed me to experience all of the things that I love in life. I could not be more thankful to have a father as great as him for he has put up with numerous weekends of softball, and given me and my family everything, and so much more. He's taught me to be an independent woman, and to be as genuine as I possibly can be. Throughout my years at home, I have always found my self spending more time with my brother Jack, and my dad; I had been a bit of a tomboy when I was little. The time(s) I have spent with both of these role models has helped to shape me into I am, but has been nothing but enjoyable.

As I had grown up from an immature little girl until my current age of 18, I have learned who I want to be, but I don't think that I could be the person who I am today without the guidance from my dad. I remember one night after a softball game, and a time where my life had not been so great my dad had said something to me that I hope to never forget: "Just remember Meg that honey is always more attractive than vinegar." This saying has stuck with me, and constantly reminds me to be true to myself always, and to be a genuinely good human.

This article is targeted for daughters who appreciate their dad just as much as I do, but also for those who find themselves struggling to have a relationship with their fathers. I cannot remember a time where I have really fought with my dad, and I am extremely thankful to have a great functioning relationship with him. I really would like to express that for any girl having problems with their parents to acknowledge who they are, and what they have done for you. Honestly, I could not image what kind of woman I would be without the lessons received by my dad; I really urge you all to attempt to connect with your fathers because one day you will regret that loss deeply.