The Misery of Leaving Friends

The Misery of Leaving Friends

6
The Misery of Leaving Friends
Photo Credit: Justin Yost

It is kind of funny how one day you have everything figured out, yet another day your whole life is turned upside down.

For example I lived with my old roommates here at college for almost a year. It was an amazing year. I see some roommates just live together because they need someone to live with, and they never become great friends. At first that is how we became roommates. The other three found a house and had another person to live with them. The other guy fell out and they asked me to be their roommate because they needed someone.

We already were friends, but not really good friends before we lived together. Throughout the first summer living together, we became really good friends and did everything together. From going to parties, to working out and even trying to think of ways to get rich so we didn’t have to get real jobs.

Well just when you think everything is going great life throws you a curve ball. Different things happen to everyone in life, and people find out college isn’t the place for them. People move back home and a really great friend of yours is now gone and you won’t see them very often anymore.

You see it all the time if you talk to your parents or grandparents about their old friends from back in the day, and most of the time they haven’t talked to that old friend in a really long time. Sometimes they can’t even remember the name of those people.

Now I understand this is a very common life experience every college kid throughout the history of college has gone through, but when you finally get to the point of friends, who you have seen almost every day for the past year, move away you start to realize how short life is.

I will leave it on the old cliché of a note and say make the most of your time at college. Find friends who make you happy and cherish every moment you have with them.