The Mid Semester Slump

The Mid Semester Slump

Dealing with everything the best way we know how, sleeping.
1

It’s that time of year again. Half way through the fall semester and you’re not entirely sure how you’re going to finish it out. You’re grades are slipping, you’ve been sick since Halloween, and your bank account can no longer support your Mcdonald's dollar menu habit. You’re drinking three large ice coffees a day and still falling asleep in class. Your stress level is higher than your GPA and you’re not entirely sure what to do about it. Netflix is the only thing that’s been pulled up on your computer the last three weeks. You have no idea the last time you did laundry and the smell test is the only way you know anything is clean. (well remotely clean). You’re living off oatmeal and peanut butter because the going to the grocery store is not on your list of things to do. You have beer and ketchup sitting in your fridge and you are not ashamed of that. You can’t remember the last time you put on makeup or wore your hair down. Naps become necessary for daily survival. The weekend is the only thing that gets you through the week. Checking your bank account makes you cry more than checking your grades. You’re eating cough drops like they’re candy because you’re pretty sure you’re slowly dying. You dream of your home cooked meal on thanksgiving like it’s the lottery. Putting on leggings becomes an accomplishment because atleast you changed out of sweat pants. Jeans have become a distant memory of the past. You’d be better off having an IV of coffee just hooked up into your arm. You’re not entirely sure the last time you brushed your hair. You desk looks like it just survived a tornado and you without a doubt have coffee stains all over your notes. You have one pen left and that’s only because you found it on a desk. Due dates are looming and finals are coming so you are preparing accordingly by watching netflix and coloring. You’re not sure what the color of your floor is anymore because you haven't seen it since the end of September. By some grace of god your fish is still alive though you’re pretty sure the last time you feed him was homecoming. Walking to class becomes the biggest struggle. You’re not entirely sure you’re going to make it. So you prepare yourself the best ay you can, sleeping.