The Symbolic Meaning Of Dragonflies
Life Stages

If You See Dragonflies All Of The Time You May Be Experiencing Change And Growth

You may be on the right path in your life right now.

362
dragonfly

The dragonfly is symbolic of change, transformation, adaptability and self-realization. It also represents a better understanding of emotional maturity and a deeper meaning of life.

I am one who believes in signs. I think God sends us signs to remind us that we are on the right path in our lives. Lately, I have seen dragonflies everywhere that I go. Some may think "Oh Ashley, it's just your imagination running wild again," but regardless if it is true or not, it is almost comforting to think that little signs like that can signify something great. Some people believe that seeing dragonflies or butterflies are deceased loved ones trying to comfort you, but what I believe is a bit different.

Wisdom and Change

When dragonflies begin appearing in your life, you may be being called on to transform or evolve in some way. If you are currently transforming or evolving, the dragonfly may be a sign that you are on the right path of improvement and transformation in your life. The dragonfly also symbolizes the changes necessary in one's life to reach full potential. If you have already gone through a big change, the dragonfly may symbolize wisdom that you have gained because of this change.

Adaptability

The dragonfly's ability to withstand a change in wind patterns and glide swiftly with ease represents adaptability in your life. Perhaps a change in your life is in process; when you see a dragonfly, it is symbolic of learning to be adaptable to any change or situation that comes your way.

Emotional Maturity and Self-Realization

The dragonfly also represents the opportunity to dive deeper into your feelings and emotions while allowing yourself to relish every thought and feeling you may have. By doing this, you may have a better understanding of yourself and how you are going to handle your emotions in the present moment. Being able to look deeply into the emotional and spiritual meaning of things is a sign of emotional maturity. This also represents true understanding of yourself from the inside out. Once we are better able to understand ourselves, we will be better able to understand the world around us.

Dragonflies will appear in your life when you need a sign from a higher being to assure you that you have chosen the right path for your life at the current moment.

Although dragonflies represent many meanings, they also can provide comfort and reassurance in this little journey called life. No matter what path you may have chosen, the dragonfly reminds us to approach every obstacle with an open heart and open mind, and they also remind us of the bravery we have within to persevere through the emotional transitions in our lives because something greater is upon us.