The Many Ways To Use "I Love You"

The Many Ways To Use "I Love You"

They are all totally okay.

32
The Many Ways To Use "I Love You"
Deviant Art

They say I love yous should be spared for those you truly love. As humans, there are naturally many different people we love whether they are significant others, parents, friends or extended family. With each particular person comes a different type of I love you. No I love you is better than another. They are simply unalike and here's how.

1. Your parents

They were your first I love you. It was probably your most sincere one too. You don't love anyone the way you love the people that brought you into this world. There is never a moment where you will not love them with your whole heart.

2. Your siblings

Its a love/hate kind of love. They drive you crazy, but you love them unconditionally. It's like a friendship that could never go wrong. You love them like your friends, with just a little extra family love on top.

3. Your closest friends

There is no shame in telling your closest friends that you love them. You could not imagine a world without them. They are the people that keep you going. You don't love them like you're in love with them. You don't love them like you love your parents for raising you. Rather, you love them for the smile they put on your face everyday. You love them for the memories they've created with you. You love each other even when you're at your absolute worst.

4. Your significant other

This is relationship love. It's incomparable to any other type of love--it's attraction. This is the type of love where you can see yourself waking up with the person for the rest of your life. The type of love that you could hold onto forever.

5. Your extended family

Grandparents are among those that you first loved and nothing will change that. Cousins are friends that we will never lose. Aunts and uncles are always there for you whether they are blood related or not. A love for family is unmatched.

I hope you are lucky enough to experience each type of love. Though different, each love is special and important. Don't forget to tell the ones you love that you love them. I love you is not a phrase that we should be afraid to use.