The Magic Of Christmas Eve

The Magic Of Christmas Eve

A day to cherish the most.

26
The Magic Of Christmas Eve
Google

While Christmas day is one of the most anticipated days of the year, Christmas Eve has always been one of the days in which I eagerly await the most. With all of the hustle and bustle Christmas day entails, Christmas Eve is the perfect opportunity to relax and take advantage of all of the Christmas aspects around you. While there is plenty to do this Christmas Eve, here are some of the most Christmas-like activities to do.

1. Watch A Christmas Story

Every year, a 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story plays on a loop. It is not a traditional Christmas Eve for my family and I unless we watch it at least twice.

2. Go to church

It is important not to forget the reasoning as to why we celebrate Christmas. Personally, going to church, particularly midnight mass is a magical and remarkable experience. Seeing my Church decorated with trees, candles and garland are all part of celebrating the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ.

3. Decorate the tree as a family

While it doesn't happen every Christmas Eve, there are years in which my family decides to decorate our tree together as a family. It is hard to find time for families to come together and decorate so this is the perfect opportunity to do so. We always have the tree up with lights right after Thanksgiving, but it is fun to have this to look forward to.

4. Leave out cookies for Santa

Don't forget Santa and his reindeers need fuel to get through their long night of gift giving!

5. Sit by the fireplace with hot cocoa

Nothing indicates Christmas Eve is upon us more than a nice, cozy fire with a cup of hot chocolate piled high with marshmallows. One of my personal favorites I look forward to most this Christmas Eve,

6. Blare Christmas music

The best way to get into the Christmas spirit!

7. Break out the Christmas onesies

Another Christmas tradition my family withholds is to spend any time at home in our onesies. Once we eat a good meal, go to church and are in for the night, the Christmas onsies are broken out and put on.

8. Open a gift

This has never been a tradition in my family, but I know it is a big part of other families traditions. Each family member takes one present and opens it and then does the rest on Christmas day.

9. Luminaires

Many neighborhoods take time each Christmas Eve to put out luminaires along their driveways made out of milk jugs and candles. It really is such a beautiful and magical sight to see, especially with a layer of snow on the ground.

10. Turn out all of the lights and enjoy your tree

No Christmas is complete without taking the time to admire your tree and Christmas Eve is the perfect time to do so as a family.

11. Drive around and look at lights

By now, anyone who decorates their house has done so and neighborhoods are colorful and full of holiday spirt.