The Long Awaited Tour Has Come

The Long Awaited Tour Has Come

Will we last three hours in this haunted asylum?

60
The Long Awaited Tour Has Come
Haunted History Trail

The time has finally come! A few of my friends and I just recently bought tickets to go on a three hour long tour of a shut-down facility called Rolling Hills Asylum. The five of us are going on Halloween weekend to learn about the history of the building, as well as it's ghosts! After waiting a year, I am finally ready to go!

The entire story of how I came to know about this place goes back quite a while to a Halloween somewhere around ten years ago. I was at a friends house, and we had just gotten back from trick-or-treating. We sat down and turned on the Travel Channel to find that an episode of Ghost Adventures was starting. I had never watched Ghost Adventures before, but my friend had, and said it was quite a good show, so we watched it. The Ghost Adventures Crew at the time was composed of Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, and Aaron Goodwin, and they were the only ones to enter the buildings they were investigating during lock-downs.

My friend fell asleep right away, but I stayed up to watch the show. Little did I know, the Ghost Adventures Crew was hosting an all-night live special that night, and I was in for hours of live ghost hunting.

I ended up watching the entire special, mostly because it was awesome and because I was too terrified to sleep. The last thing I thought would happen on Halloween was that I would pull an accidental all-nighter (I didn't regret it though). I continued to watch this show from then on, and still do (its one of my favorites from last week). Eventually, they traveled to a place called Rolling Hills Asylum.

Now here I am a few years later on Facebook, and I see a link to Rolling Hills Asylum. Ghost Adventures went there, so of course I had to see what it was. As it turns out, it was a link to the facility's website, and they were offering tours! Of course my friends and I learned more about it and decided that we wanted to go, no matter what it took!

We noticed that the asylum was only a short drive from where we were, which was even better. Unfortunately, the first year we heard about this, they sold out and we were unable to go. However, we planned ahead this year, and bought tickets for Halloween weekend! We chose to do a three-hour tour of the building. Some of the time is a guided tour, and the remainder is for ghost hunting! This is supposedly one of the most haunted places in the country, so I do not think there will be any shortage of ghosts.

I am both scared and excited for this; I'm excited because I've waited a long time to go, and I'm nervous because who wouldn't be when planning a trip to a haunted location on purpose. When the time finally rolls around, I will likely do a follow-up. Wish us luck!