17 Questions You Are ALWAYS Asked If You're A Fraternal Twin

"Omg! You're related? There is no way!"

1386
Kristopher Roller

Growing up I was always asked who the person I shared a stroller with was or if that was my friend sitting next to me and every time I would simply say "No, that's my twin sister." With that came the weird stares, confusion, many questions and the "Oh no way, that is impossible. Are you lying?"

No, I am not lying. Many of you can relate to having this issue because being a twin especially a fraternal one can stir up confusion in peoples brains. Usually it's because one of us in blonde with brown eyes and one of us has brown hair and blue eyes or we just are nothing alike that it makes no sense at all. Weird right? Well no, it's not; it's simply the difference of being a fraternal twin to an identical twin.

Being a twin comes along with many questions and statements that are frequently asked or said to someone thats a twin on a day-to-day basis because most likely the person you are meeting doesn't understand how it is humanly possible to be related to the person sitting next to you in the stroller or in the chair next to you.

So for all my twins out there that can relate to my every day issue, here is a list of the most common questions us twins will be asked regularly. Even if you are a twin or not, at one point in your life you have met fraternal twins or identical twins and have asked many of these questions or said many of these statements if not more.

1. "No way, you're a twin?"

2. "Wait, I don't believe you. Are you lying?"

3."Can you read each others minds?"

4." What is it like having a twin sister? Do you like it or no."

5." That's so cool! I wish I had a twin!"

6. " When he/she is sad do you automatically get upset?"

7. "Are you guys similar?"

8."Do you guys get along all the time?"

9." Do you guys celebrate your birthday on the same day?"

10."Do you ever get jealous of one another?"

11. " When you get hurt, does the other sibling feel the pain?"

12. "You guys look nothing alike!"

13." Do you share the same friends?"

14." If your sister/ brother goes there, do you go with them?"

15." Are you always together?"

16. " Do I have to invite both you and your twin to my party? I don't want anyone to get upset."

17. "That is impossible!"

With all of these questions and statements that are said to us twins on a daily basis, we most likely will already know how to answer your question without being in shock. So if you are ever around people and they say they are twins, just go with it and believe it and in the end of the day if you think they are lying ask for their birth cirtificate but don't be embarrased when they prove you wrong.

Trust me, I get it, it can seem unthinkable because we don't act the same, look the same or even dress the same but thats what being a fraternal twin consists of. We are two different people who share many common things but in the end of the day we are our own individuals no matter what. Being a twin is something I hold dearly to my heart, even though it has its ups and downs, but that's like any sibling relationship.