The Life Of Dependable People As Told By The Kardashians

3

Does it ever happen to you that, for some unknown reason, people feel like they can dump tons of to-do lists on your desk, just because? Are you everyone's go-to person when it comes to delegating? Do you find yourself pulling all-nighters over stuff that doesn't necessarily concern you? If you answer yes to any of these questions, then it is highly likely that you, my friend, are the responsible one. You are the first person everyone calls when in a crisis, and you are some people's secret weapon. You are a fixer, a doer, a rare, almighty human. Some of us are proud of this title, others not so much; but we can all agree on the following aspects:

When you see your to-do list

Despair doesn't quite cover your reaction when you see that never-ending list that you have no idea how you are going to get through in only one day. Nonetheless, you call on that motivation deep down in you and get to work.

When your friend texts asking for help and your are tremendously busy

You feel torn between jumping in and helping, and finishing up your own to-do list that still has about a million items left on it. You look back and forth between your phone and what you are working on at the time. You are busy and can't help, but end up texting the something along the lines of "sure no problem" or "I got you".

Those annoying people that love to chitchat when you are on a deadline

Do you look like you have time for this? NO. You are running short on time and, between your anxiety and those venti-sized coffees you drank, you are about to jump out of your own skin. So you smile politely and as soon as they stop for air, you run away.

Doing favors for picky people

Not only do you have to do your friend the solid of dropping off her dry-cleaning, but you have to do it at the dry-cleaner's across town, and you have to separate her clothes, and, yup, you guessed it, as you are dropping off the clothes, you get a text asking if you could pick it up too. The worst part is that you probably agree to do it.

Doing group projects is your worst nightmare

No one ever goes the extra mile because they know that you will, best-case scenario. Worst-case scenario, you are all alone the night before the project is due fixing the gaping hole of missing things that no one bothered to do. After all, why would they with you there?

But in the end your friends know the truth

You are there and will always be there, because you take pride in being a fixer and being there when people you love need you. You love feeling needed by those around you, and you get a strange satisfaction from knowing that everything would fall apart without you because, let's be honest,

You know the truth too