The Land of Stories book Summery

The Land of Stories book Summery

A summary of The Land of Stories and my opinion on the series.

3486
The Land of Stories book Summery
www.google.com

The Land of Stories, by Chris Colfer, follows twins Alex and Conner Baily in adventures around the real and fairy tale world. The first book starts with them being given their grandmas old story book, that she and their dad used to read to them as a kid, for their 12th birthday. Their dad died just before their 11th birthday and they don't see their mom much because she is always working in order to support the family. The night they are given the book Alex decides to read it before falling to sleep and wishes with all the might that she could go into that world then all of a sudden the book starts to glow. At first, she keeps it a secret from her brother and tries to figure out why it's doing that, but then he realizes there is something wrong with his sister, who is super stressed by the situation and confronts her.

They both end up falling into the book and have to find a way back to their world, though most people in the fairytale world aren't aware of the other world. They run into a man size frog, known as froggy, in the forests they fell into and he befriends them then tells them about the wishing spell. The wishing spell is a spell that is activated when a collection of magical items are put in a close vicinity and when it is activated the person who did it will have their greatest wish granted. The kids believe it will take them home because it is one of the most powerful spells to ever exist, though most people don't believe it's actually real. Froggy also gives them a journal he found that documented the journey of a man trying to complete the wishing spell because he fell in love with a woman from their world and wants to get back to her.

After the kids have collected a number of the items they realize that the evil queen, who has recently escaped prison is also trying to collect the wishing spell items. They begin to rush even more because some of the items are very specific and don't have more than one, such as the spindle that pricked sleeping beauty. They finally gain all of the items except one when they are told that the wishing spell can only be done twice and it has already been done once before, so if they don't get all the items before the evil queen they will have to find a new way back. I'm not going to spoil the ending just in case anyone want's to read it, but it is really good. There are four other books in the series that are out right now and the final one comes out around July 2017. I highly recommend this series to everyone.

The End