The Joys Of Dorm Bathrooms

The Joys Of Dorm Bathrooms

A sarcastic view on the joys of dorm bathrooms.

216
The Joys Of Dorm Bathrooms
lifeatucr.tumblr.com

Living on campus in college is a great experience, but I have to say that my favorite part has to be the bathroom that my whole floor shares. I want to highlight some of my personal favorites of our beautiful girls bathroom.

Starting off with the wonderful, and unforgettable showers you could not have a better experience showering. Being on the taller side of the average girl's height, it’s great to have a shower head that you have to duck down under to wash your hair. That way it’s easier for those days when you do not want to wash your hair, but not focusing on the days that you actually want to wash your hair. Speaking of hair, it’s very fun when the shower tub fills up with your dirty water since the drain is clogged by a combination of girls’ hairs. It’s a beautiful site to see all different colors of hair wrapped up together to clog the drain.

The stalls of the bathrooms are much nicer than the showers though. We’re lucky enough to have toilet paper not only in the dispenser of our stall, but also on the floor! It’s very handy to have toilet paper all over the floor just in case you run out in your stall. Sometimes late on the weekend you can find the food that others ate that day all over the ground, trash can, and even in the toilet. It adds some color to the bathroom, and a very nice smell.

The sinks might have to be my favorite in the whole bathroom. Between finding fragments of food from doing the dishes, to clumps of hair, and even remnants of toothpaste or makeup in the sink it’s a grand ole time to wash your hands or clean your face. It’s a lot of fun to be rinsing your face off while staring at someone’s ramen noodles from yesterday’s dinner.

Although the bathroom in dormitories can be an interesting experience to say the least, it gets better when everyone cleans up after themselves. So do your whole floor a favor and keep the bathroom as clean as possible by cleaning up after yourself because no one wants to stand in their own filth water, brush their teeth next to soggy food, or look at your food on the floor from last night’s late night while using the bathroom.