The Instrument of Writing

The Instrument of Writing

When the words flow through my mind, my fingers dance across the keys just like I would play a tune.

12
The Instrument of Writing
Laura Pepper

Writing is like music.

When the words flow through my mind, my fingers dance across the keys just like I would play a tune. The clicks of them at different pitches and volumes are the very clicks that form words. These words form thoughts that produce a lyrical melody inside my head.

Sometimes, the thoughts race through my mind, and they are so fast that my fingers can't keep up. I pound harder and faster on the keys until my thought process is complete, and my writing is finished. The rush of energy that comes when an idea flows through my mind is like a composer anxiously trying to put into music the score he's creating in his head.

The notes come just like words, and the faster you complete, the more you remember. The fingers of a writer or a musician are never tired of the ability to create something meaningful from something that was once just a jumble of words or a series of notes. As the work comes together, there becomes beauty in the process.

When one project is completed, though, a new one begins. First, there is an idea. This idea waits there until a writer can express it onto paper. It holds on tight to the writer's mind, and it constantly waits anxiously to be told.

When a writer is ready, the concept moves from the mind to the heart, and all gusto comes with it. Once the first sentence is finished, the connection increases and the rest of the words come easier. With emotion behind it, the words begin to dance off the page into the hearts of many, for they may be small, but they have a great deal of influence.

They run from left to right down a page, and then they jump to the following and keep going. This continual process allows writers to not simply feel as if they are just typing up thoughts, but that they are helping bring beauty to a story.

Everyone has a story, but not everyone will tell theirs. Some may be more adventurous. Some may have their story occur as they travel all over the world, but we all have one. We all know similar feelings, and we are all searching for purpose.

Although writing is exhilarating, it is not life's purpose. Life's purpose is to have a relationship with Christ and tell the world about Him, but writing is an instrument to use to tell this glorious story.

God Himself loved us so much to send His only son, Jesus, to live a perfect life, die a brutal death for us, and then rise again three days later. He took the beating, the nails in His hands, the spear in His side, the mocking, the suffering, the sin of the world for us.

He did it for you.

He wants you to know Him, and even if He had to die just for you, He would have done it. He died so that we can have life to the fullest in a relationship with Him that never has to end. He did that for us, and all we have to do is accept it.

Now that is the power of the Gospel. God can take a simple person to tell His story by taking words and putting them together to give Himself glory.

He is so worthy of all of the glory.