The impact of server memory on your data center performance

Impact of Server Memory on data center

61

Data centers around the globe rely on various elements, including but not limited to, Computer systems, telecommunication systems, storage & memory systems, servers, and other associated components.

An efficient data center is crucial if you want to meet users' expectations. The efficiency of the whole center depends on the server's performance; Data centers around the globe are a billion-dollar sector, and millions of dollars are spent daily to enhance the data centers. You must always look to save money and get more output. A tested and refurbished server memory may perform well and may also save much money. We will be discussing various points on how server memory can affect the performance of your data center.

A Better Server Memory

The server's memory is a factor that is often put on the sidelines when trying to improve the server's overall performance. The instant solution your IT guys will come up with will increase the memory slots or some other expensive addition. You need a server that performs well consumes less power, and requires minimum maintenance. Managing data centers can be a tricky and time taking job. With the evolution of technology, memories have also evolved and need a gentle and learned approach when selecting them and the proper configuration with systems. What is the biggest problem of any data center? Well, it is the storage capacity.

Better memory choices can lead to better server efficiency, low power consumption, low overheating, and in the end, more profits. First, however, it would be best to remember that every server does not support every memory module or configuration. The memory modules may be a commodity today, but it requires a specialists' approach when selecting.

Your server supports various memory modules which are available in the market. A refurbished server memory module works fine if you want your work to get done. On the other hand, buying a newer product with a better brand tag may become quite expensive.

Memory Selection

For your data center, compatible memory selection is of vital importance. Also, before the purchase, make sure that it is 100% compatible with your server. Datacenter managers should look out for minor mistakes. They should focus on long-term solutions. For example, suppose purchasing 16 DIMMs of 8 Gb capacity each seems wiser since it saves money. The smart way would be to purchase 8 DIMMs with 16 Gb capacity each. Fewer DIMMs save power consumption and are a better solution for the long term. So, less hardware with more output and fewer power costs.

Memory FailureĀ 

A fully compatible memory installation with an intelligent approach can significantly lower the risks of crashes and failures. Unfortunately, hardware failure in data centers is quite an old study with multiple complex problems and solutions. Over 1300 exabytes of data are stored worldwide, and 1 exabyte equals 1 billion gigabytes, which is a lot. In addition, over 8 million data centers operate continuously worldwide. With this much data and this much memory, problems tend to arise. Moreover, failure patterns in data centers evolve due to the poor selection procedures of memory modules. Therefore, memory failure prediction and a secure backup setup are essential for successful data center functionality.

Refurbished Server Memory

Refurbished products are returned to the manufacturer by the consumers. They work just fine and require no additional maintenance or cost, and you will find them in plenty. Therefore, you can quickly obtain relatively new DIMMs with a bit of use in the market. With proper functionality and compatibility, they are as good a new product. In addition, refurbished server memory is an excellent tool in developing your data center with minimum investment. Aside from these factors, do not compromise on the lifetime of your hardware, and while buying a refurbished product, it is advised to take necessary precautions and seek professional help.

Effect of memory on cost

A carefree way to manage your data center is to go high-end and spend more. However, an intelligent method would be to spend less while keeping the hardware compatible and excellent. Let's face it, only air-conditioning of your data centers takes much power. Similarly, the servers themselves need a continuous and uninterrupted power supply. To maintain the monthly bills steady and affordable, you must try to minimize the number of DIMMs, which may cost a little higher at the start, but it will save much capital in the long run.

Similarly, do not save money on low-power hardware. Try to minimize the number of components that have the probability of overheating, leading to an auto-shutdown of the facility. Thus the selection of memory modules is as essential as the data center itself.

Secondly, the brand tag of the sever memory modules is not as important as one might think. You can spend an average amount to buy a decent set of modules instead of too much on costly ones. Your main concern is the smooth flow of operations in your data center. An average quality server memory will positively impact your data center, both economical and functional.

Conclusion

There are quite a few impacts of memory on data centers. In today's age of the internet, the world runs on data centers. Hardware malfunction, cyberattacks, overload, or an earthquake - any of these issues can lead to a system shutdown, and you can expect several profound impacts. On the other hand, a perfect choice of memory addition and proper software might save you a lot of stress and money. We have tried to explain that how you get your system to do more with less. How does memory addition impact your server or data center? Also, we added the part where you can add refurbished server memory to your data center. We can conclude that new memory can be beneficial, but it can also be harmful to your data center. The key to a better data center performance is to be more thoughtful about the hardware choices and to think for the long term.