The Heartthrob and the Killer

The Heartthrob and the Killer

The crazy story of Ted Bundy has hit Netflix, and people are SHOOK.

437
The Heartthrob and the Killer

The interesting story of a man who never knew his father, was "odd" growing up, became a charming and very attractive man, and had a promising career as a lawyer, has come alive again almost 30 years after his sentence to death by electric chair in the state of Florida. He escaped prison not once, but twice, and he tried to represent himself at his trial in Florida and obviously failed. I guess his career wasn't as promising as people thought. He killed over 30 women from 1974 to 1978 starting in Seattle and ending in the state of Florida. Ted gained a massive fan club who believed that he was not guilty of the crimes he committed and thought that he was dreamy and was wrongly convicted. Also, he got married at his trial for the deaths of women from the Chi Omega sorority at Florida State, and a 14-year-old girl. THEN he had a daughter before his death sentence.

Netflix has released a new crime documentary series and the Ted Bundy tapes are both interesting and terrifying. There is also a film releasing soon staring Zac Efron as Ted Bundy. The film is from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend Elizabeth Kloepfer who didn't want to believe it was possible that he could be a killer even though the signs were there. He acted as a father figure to her daughter the years he was with her, but she had no idea that he lived a double life until certain things weren't adding up.

The thing that is so perplexing about him is the fact that so many people believed that since he wasn't some ugly, awkward guy he couldn't have done the things he did. He MILKED that. He knew that people couldn't possibly believe that an attractive law student could commit crimes so disgusting to over 30 women. He knew that because he looked the way he looked all he really needed to do was play innocent, and he knew that since he was attractive women wouldn't say no to him when he was trying to find a victim. It made it easy for him to kill women and it even made it easy for women to SUPPORT him. He probably could have gotten away with it had he not tried to represent himself in court. He was truly a master of manipulation and honestly an evil human being. It was crazy watching those tapes and learning how he conned people into believing he was innocent, and how his charismatic nature helped throw tons of attention on him and his crimes. It was truly shocking to see that he was so narcissistic and so willing to please his audience. Ted was smart and he was able to get away with so much for so long, and it honestly shocked me how easy it was for people to get away with murder in the 1970s. The lack of technology was the biggest factor in not catching him because if this happened today it would have been over after his first killing because of DNA testing that is available now.

Also, another interesting thing is the fact that no one knows where Ted Bundy's daughter Rose is. I have looked through so many articles and it's almost like Rose and Carol disappeared from the planet after Ted's death. I can't find anything yall. No pictures, no information on where they could be now, and it's shocking how I can't find any information aside from the fact that his daughter is very smart and kind according to sources who wouldn't disclose their location. It must be interesting though, to be a daughter of someone who killed so many women. It's such a wild concept to think about because I'm sure she knows what her father did, and I don't know how I would handle that. It's probably a good thing that Rose and Carol live such a private life because I couldn't imagine reliving your father's death again thirty years later, even if he is a killer.