To The Guy Who Turned Out To Be Different Than What I Thought

Thank you for teaching me some things

448
Guardian

To the guy who ended up not being the person I thought they were,

It is 2018 and it is the year that everyone is shooting their shot. You shot your shot. You had me, I was yours and all yours. Even without the title. You made me feel like the only girl in the world and made me realize that all the shit of my past was not to destroy me, but to make me stronger. Well looks like you are now a part of the making me stronger. I opened up to you. Told you things that I have not told anyone else. Trusted you with my secrets, my heart, and most importantly my trust. That all went out the window didn't it? Never underestimate a girl's ability to find out something, especially if you are lying, because we always find out eventually. And what do you know, you got caught. But ya know what? I am not going to let this shit destroy me again. I will not let you win. I will not sit and think what I could have done better. But I will thank you for a few things.

Thank you for showing me that people do in fact show their true colors after about a month and a half of talking. You were right, once someone is comfortable they show a whole hell of a lot more about themselves. Thank you for showing me that I can do this on my own. I do not need you like I thought I did, how does that make you feel? Thank you for showing me once again who I deserve in my life and who I do not. Thank you for teaching me another life lesson that will in turn make me that much stronger of a person. But ultimately, thank you for not wasting my time longer than you did.

Hopefully the next girl that comes your way gets better treatment than I did. Hopefully you actually do not lie to her and do hold the idea of communication to the standard you set it so highly at. Next time just be upfront and honest and communicate and this will not happen.

From,

The girl who trusted the person you were at first