10 Times The Grinch Perfectly Summed Up How You Feel About Winter Break

Sometime we can't help being a grumpy Grinch.

31
The Grinch

With fall semester wrapping up and winter break starting, everyone is getting in the holiday cheer mood. So realistically, you should start getting excited about winter break, right? A few weeks off school, no roommates, being able to sleep through as many alarms as you want, sounds like the life. However, sometimes you're just not as excited as everyone else for break. Maybe, just maybe, you're the kind of person that prefers summer break over winter break and here's why.

1. When everyone is in the holiday spirit but you're just NOT feeling it

You JUST got done with finals and your family at home wants you to go out and interact with people? Especially people worked up over the holidays? Yeah, no, you'd rather stay in bed and catch up on all that sleep you missed during the semester.

2. Speaking of the that last semester, you'll do anything to forget about it

It was just... a LOT and honestly, your parents should be thankful you're even considering going back for the spring. Especially considering the amount of Googling done this semester for what jobs you don't need a degree for.

3. Especially when your parents start hounding you about your final grades

It's winter break, people! You have the first few days to ask me about the semester and college but after that the subject is off the table. As for my grades, I don't have a single clue and I'm positive my professors aren't spending their break thinking about grades either. So parents, think about my fall semester grades as like a fun little surprise for all of us once January hits. This way you don't have to harp on me about grades and I don't have to explain that the B- I got is because I found out attendance wasn't mandatory.

4. When none of your friends are home from college and you're all alone

You end up just sitting in your room counting the days till your #squad is all back in town. You better BELIEVE that there are already plans for the day after everyone is back, pictures are going to be taken so that Insta can know you guys are still baddies.

5. When all your cute clothes are at college

Sure, you have clothing at home, but you don't have anything to wear. You really didn't consider this possibility when packing to come home because you didn't think about the possibility of having to look nice. To you, winter break is seeing your family and friends, all of whom have seen you with acne cream on your face, so there's no impressing them anymore.

6. When your friends invite other people outside the friend group to hang out

Triple bad if it's people you don't talk to anymore and you know they dislike you so you can't be your full weird self because your friends need other people in your hometown to still accept them. This means you have to be fake nice when in reality you lost your tolerance for BS at college and your filter along with it so you are NOT about these interactions.

7. However, you go anyways because you have nothing better to do at home

The alternative to going out with your friends is normally a night in with your parents who go to bed by 8 PM. So yeah, you might not like all the people there, but at least you can say that you left the house that day.

8. When your parents stock up on your favorite foods

They know you're coming home and they know you've missed their cooking. God bless them honestly because the meal plan life ain't it, it's been a long semester of lukewarm food and no seasoning to be seen. However, this is a bad thing, especially considering all the food that happens around the holidays.

9. When you see ~that~ holiday film for the first time this year

Do you watch this movie every year? Yes.

Does it always make you cry? Maybe.

Are you going to watch it again knowing full well you'll be sobbing by the end of it? Absolutely. Now pass me some tissues and pour one out for Tiny Tim.

10. When you think about having to leave home again for college

Sure, college is great, but home is better sometimes. It's nice to not have roommates or coursework or running into random people between classes when you aren't up for human interaction. Home is where you've had a routine for years and somewhere you don't always want to leave. But you know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.