The Greatest Musician Of Our Time

The Greatest Musician Of Our Time

Spread the word.

28
The Greatest Musician Of Our Time
YouTube.com

No, it’s not Taylor Swift.

No, it’s not Justin Bieber.

No, it’s not even Beyonce.

Adam Young, or otherwise known as Owl City, is the greatest musician of our time. So, I’m just here to bring this to your attention if you didn't already know this fact.

1. His music is unique and creative.

I know some people that don’t like Adam/Owl City’s music because it’s very electronic. Some songs, especially his earlier work, are in that realm. I used to be one of these people, but then I fell in love with his music after really listening to the lyrics. I would also suggest listening to his albums in order (not on shuffle) because some songs blend into one another and it’s beautiful. He’s definitely not afraid to stretch away from the norm and let his creativity take over.

2. He is HILARIOUS.

Adam Young will sometimes post Instagram stories from his childhood. The first one I read, I cried my eyes out from laughing so hard. I still have to hold my stomach when I read it (see below). If you EVER want to be cheered up, simply Google, “Owl City Instagram Stories” and it will make your day. He’s so down to earth and hilarious. I want to be his best friend.

3. His songs are meaningful.

He writes his songs about life, not just relationships. He doesn’t sing songs for revenge or to bad talk anyone or to put people down. He sings about struggles and joy and sadness and Jesus and friends and outer space and adventure and events and just... life. Sometimes his songs may not make much sense at first, but after listening to them for a while, it will suddenly click! I absolutely love the tribute he wrote for the Challenger crew, “January 28, 1986” /”Galaxies”

(Listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDUvHkwkTuU).

It has a fabulous intro and a really neat meaning that he explained in an interview with The Christian Post, “The song is a vivid portrayal to the idea that even amidst tragedy, victory can be achieved through Christ and through Him alone. The song is loosely based around the space shuttle Challenger disaster that occurred in 1986 and what I might've thought or felt if I were the flight commander on that ship, suddenly taken from reality into eternity in a split second.”

4. He makes his own scores.

Recently, Adam Young has decided to make scores and THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL. Also, it gets even better because THEY’RE ALSO FREE. Visit http://www.ayoungscores.com to create an account and download them. He mentioned on his Instagram that his inspiration for wanting to create scores was his “love of film music.” This has been his dream since 16. He wants to, “create worlds and tell stories, imagine, explore and experiment. Praise and glory to God for allowing me to spend my days doing what I enjoy.” Which leads me to the BEST things about Adam Young.

5. He loves Jesus.

You may have already noticed from the above, but the coolest thing about Adam Young is his passionate love for Christ. He’s not just one of those musicians who claim they are a believer, then go off and do whatever they please. Adam Young actually lives for Christ. Just a quick glance at his Instagram will tell you that. Some of his songs are about his faith and they speak volumes. I would 10/10 recommend taking a listen to “You’re Not Alone” or “My Everything” because they are both awesome proclamations of faith!

(Listen to them here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DavJ9UKS2ps and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbOcVER0WqU).

However, one of my favorites is his version of “In Christ Alone”.

(Listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipl-rLRxOrs).

He mentioned the following in an interview with Christianity Today, the album, “All Things Bright and Beautiful” was named after the Anglican Hymn and also the book by James Harriet. His response to Christianity Today as to what his source of creativity was, “Faith and imagination. Faith is the reason I do what I do, imagination is the fuel that keeps the creativity flowing. The Lord Jesus Christ is my reason for creating and I have nothing but thanks and gratitude toward him for being allowed to do what I do, and ultimately, seize my wildest dreams as if they were just there waiting for me.”

In an interview with The Christian Post, he was asked what he’d like to share with his audience. He responded with, “My prayer is that the music of Owl City serves as a bright light in a very dark place, a ray of hope in this haunted house of a world. I want the Lord Jesus to use my music to do WHATEVER it is He wills.”

It’s such a breather to know that there are Christ loving, encouraging artists out there who aren’t afraid to proclaim the name of Jesus.

So, take some time to listen to Adam Young/Owl City’s music. He’s a fabulously creative person who just wants to be a light in this temporal world which is exactly what we need right now. Thank you so incredibly much, Adam.

BONUS: He's also a cutie.