The Goodbye That Was The Hardest To Say.
Life Stages

A goodbye letter to my dad who meant the world to me. He taught me so many lessons that I will take with me for the rest of my life. He taught me never to be afraid and to always stand up for myself and for what is right. Without him, I don't know who I would be. Thank you for being there for me even now that your not physically here I can still feel your presence. I love you dad and someday I will see you again. (p.s always make sure to tell the ones you love you care about them and just hug them because you never know what tomorrow holds).

95
Photo By: Abigail Terra

Dear Dad

You were more than just a dad to me you were also my best friend. The person I could go to when I was having problems. You were always there to listen. You were also my horror movie buddy who would always take me to the newest ones. I'm sorry for all the fights that happened between us when I became a teenager and how brutal I could be to deal with. If I knew I didn't have much time left with you I would take all those fights back and do all the things you wanted to do. I would've gone fishing with you even though I found it boring it was your favorite thing to do. I would also sing more because you loved it when I would just sing around the house. It seems like just yesterday you were here with us but it's been five years and it still hurts thinking about all the things you missed already and all the things you will miss in the future. My graduation from college, my wedding, grandchildren. Even though you aren't here physically I know that you are always watching from up above and I hope that I have made you proud and continue to show you how far I can go. Your passing was too soon and sometimes when I think of your last days I feel that I should've done more. I should've visited more and been there, but I know that would've hurt me, even more, to see you suffering and in some way God was telling me that it will be alright and that it was time. So I just want to end this letter by saying you will always be my dad and that I will always strive to be the best daughter and person I can be. Thank you for being such an important part of my life. Thank you for teaching me so many valuable lessons that will stick with me forever. Another thing losing you has taught me was that now more than ever I need to work on my relationship with my mother because and to not take advantage of time because you never know when it could be your last day. I will tell my kids how amazing their grandpa was and show them pictures so even though your not around your memory will live on forever.

Love forever: Abby