The Future We Build

The Future We Build

"Do what scares you, and then some."
23

Right now I'm in a weird season. I don't know what I'm doing for my education anymore, and I don't know where I'm going next. I don't know what tomorrow holds, and so many new things are being thrown on my plate on a daily basis. It's a lot, yet it's extremely exciting and scary at the same time. It's odd, I used to be so dead set on school. On having my future completely mapped out, having everything set in stone. But life doesn't go that way, and I'm learning to loosen my grip on that false sense of control.

Every season is different and we are never promised tomorrow. We think we are in control but in reality, we are not. I know this is something we all know, but it needs to become more than that. It needs to be something we live by. Live like each moment is our last. Love people fiercly and genuinely. Be honest, be genuine. Do what scares you, and then some. Take risks you think are crazy, be the craziest you can be. That's what this life was made for. It was made to be lived, not just cruised through. One of the worst things in this world is apathy.

So what's next? Well honestly, I don't know. And that's okay. We don't need to know. We don't need to have all the answers or have a solid grip on our lives. That's unrealistic. And honestly our plans are not portraying truth. Our plans could fall through at any given moment. So what if they do? Then what do we do? When we give our control over to the master of all things, we don't have to worry about our future any longer. We can rest in Him and His promises, knowing that no matter what happens next- it'll be better than we ever imagined.