To The Friend Who I Don't See Much

To The Friend Who I Don't See Much

But we are still best friends in the long run

94
To The Friend Who I Don't See Much
Ashley Michael

You know who you are.

You are the one who I don't see much of for days. Weeks. Months. Maybe even a year.

You are the one who probably lives *just* far enough away or *just* busy enough that we can't fit our schedules around enough to see each other.

You are the one who says, "yes, we should totally get together sometime!" and nothing happens.

But in the happenstance when the stars align and the schedules match up and the gas tanks allow?

Wow. It's like no time had passed.

We talk about everything. Dates. Drama. Whether we like life since we last met. Whether we hate what's happening in politics. The actual crazy weather.

Music. Art. The Future. Our hopes and dreams that have changed since we last spoke. What we spoke about last time.

We do anything not to part ways for hours on end until reality sets in and we have to return home. Sad, but hopeful for the next time.

If you are one of those friends, I love you.

I want to thank you for understanding that crazy schedules and multiple activities don't leave much room for a social life between us.

Thank you for reminding me that it's okay to be weird and wild in public.

Thank you for the times we talk so fast because we are trying to use all the time we have and having laughing fits because we come to a point when we don't even understand each other anymore.

Thank you for reminiscing with me about all our little middle/high school inside jokes that we still find hilarious after all these years.

Thank you for taking time for us to simply be together. I know we will be friends for a long, long time.

Until next time, my forever friend.