The Food Necessities for the Average College Student

These foods are what lead to the infamous "Freshman-15."
15

1. Ramen

It's less than $1. However, always remember to put water in the bowl or the pot because no one needs the fire alarm to go off at 10:00 at night.

2. Frozen pizzas

You can pretend you're so fancy when you make your delicious DiGiorno pizza.

3. Easy Mac-n-Cheese

This is honestly all my roommates survive off of. It takes less than 10 minutes. Who doesn't love mac-n-cheese?

4. Milk

It's a staple you always want in your refrigerator. However, don't forget about it, because spoiled milk smells horrible.

5. Cartons and cartons of ice cream to drown sorrows in

Sometimes you need to cry and/or vent, and the only way to fix this is by eating a million scoops of ice cream.

6. Peanut Butter and Jelly

Yes I am a college student, but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are still my favorite. I still have the taste buds of a child. They're so fast and easy, and sometimes you have no time to make something more fancy.

7. Delivery Chinese food

Chinese food is something you should always have in your refrigerator. It makes great leftovers, too!

8. Energy drinks

For those of us who aren't the biggest fans of coffee, but who are also not morning people. Invest in getting some sort of energy drink for those mornings you dread getting out of bed.

9. Cookie dough!

Sure you can just sneak a little bit of the raw cookie dough as a midnight snack, but having cookies in your dorm makes it feel a little more like home! Plus it's fun to make cookies!

10. Fruits and vegetables you will "forget about" and not eat

When your mom and dad call and ask if you have been eating healthy, you just nod and say yes. At least you have fruits and veggies in your fridge. However, they may sit in there until the end of the semester.

11. A Brita filter

Trust me on this one. Tap water does not taste good, especially in college. It also saves you money, so you don't have to keep buying the plastic water bottles at the grocery store!

12. Protein bars

Last year and this year, these are sometimes what I survive off of. Some mornings I don't have time for breakfast, so I grab a protein bar and head to class!

13. Microwave popcorn

It is a must have for movie nights, study sessions, or nights you have to watch the new episode of American Horror Story.

14. Fruit Loops

Who doesn't love Fruit Loops? As a child, this is what I begged my mom to buy for me, but rarely ever did. In college, I can buy it for myself!

15. And last of all, and possibly the most important, COFFEE!

This is a no-brainer! When many people think of college, they think of coffee, and the necessity of it. You need it for the all-nighters, the early mornings, and as something warm to drink in the fall and winter.