The First 10 Things You Inevitably Do When You Get Home From College

Coming home after being away at college is always the best feeling

4338
Cosmopolitan

We either dread going home for the summer or it's what we look forward to all semester, either way we're all guilty of running to all of the things we missed out on during our stressful school year.

1. Laying in your bed for hours at a time because you missed it so much and your dorm bed will never compare

Yeah, our twin sized beds at school do have their own comfort to them, but it's something about our bed at home that makes it 10x comfier.

2. Raiding the cupboards for all of the snacks that you missed out on for the past 9 months

At the beginning of the school year, we couldn't wait to dive into the endless food buffets at the dining halls but fast forward a few weeks and we start to realize that nothing compares to the food back at home.

3. Waiting until you move back home to do ALL of your laundry because it’s free

We're all guilty of it, our Moms scream our names in vain asking why we didn't do laundry before moving out and we all have that little smirks on our faces because we know that going home means that we don't have to pay for the washers and dryers.

4. Taking your car keys and running with them because you never have to walk anywhere again for the next three months

Maybe you were lucky enough to have your car with you on campus, but for the ones who didn't, coming home to your own car is the best feeling. No more walking everywhere or relying on others!

SEE ALSO: What It's Like To Come Home In College

5. Throwing your shower shoes in the trash because you don’t have to worry about stepping on hairballs

Dorms aren't the cleanest to begin with, but it's the showers that make them even worse. Walking into the shower room having to worry about what you were going to see or step on, NO more!!

6. Cuddling up with your pet and never letting them go because you don’t know how you survived without their furry cuddles for so long

Yeah we all have our special blankets and stuffed animals we drag along to college, (we're all guilty) but nothing compares to snuggling up to our furry pets when we get home for summer break.

7. Driving through your hometown smiling because you forgot what it felt like to be in the most perfect place ever

On the drive home from school you pass all of the things that make your hometown special and you can't help but smile at how happy you are to be back.

8. Deleting all of your early alarms for class

This is the first thing we do when we're done with classes, you know you did it as soon as you realized you never have to wake up early for that 8 AM again.

9. Already planning the road trips to visit your college best friends that live miles away

Leaving all of our college friends behind for the summer is hard but as soon as you get home you realize that you really can't live without them and a trip to visit them is needed ASAP.

10. Crying over the fact that you’re home and everything is different compared to college life

Yeah, it's summer and life's great and we're free of school work and studying, but once you realize you have to face real world adult situations like actually paying for your dinner, gas, tickets, etc... that's when you wish you never would have left your perfect little college town.